Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought tody was on lampard. What a mess of a tactic. Kenny a trainwreck on the right but mykolenko, who had a decent first half, had to go? Then no midfield. Then gray not being in the game. then add 2 forwards when we couldnt get away from pickford. vdb left, then dm, then back up on disaster kenny when he went lb. A mess. A right mess.

Just got back to the car after that. Looking forward not to
The long journey home. I feel numb
Don’t think it was lack of effort just not good enough
Rule number one. Don’t let any crosses into the box.
I’ve never know a club’s players do this week in week out except for us.
Didn’t like the team setup tbh. Even though first half we could have been ahead
Second half was really opt from the team.
Deli Ali OMG. Poor player end than of

i thought tody was on lampard. What a mess of a tactic. Kenny a trainwreck on the right but mykolenko, who had a decent first half, had to go? Then no midfield. Then gray not being in the game. then add 2 forwards when we couldnt get away from pickford. vdb left, then dm, then back up on disaster kenny when he went lb. A mess. A right mess.

I can’t see how we get the best out of this bunch playing 3 at the back and 2 in midfield.

Just got back to the car after that. Looking forward not to
The long journey home. I feel numb
Don’t think it was lack of effort just not good enough
Rule number one. Don’t let any crosses into the box.
I’ve never know a club’s players do this week in week out except for us.
Didn’t like the team setup tbh. Even though first half we could have been ahead
Second half was really opt from the team.
Deli Ali OMG. Poor player end than of
Safe trip home mate.
Gutted for you and the others who went to see that. Awful read that it’s a pure lack of quality rather than effort but in watching a stream of the game it looked like we lacked both.

Total lethargy in the crowd today. No encouragement or getting on the players backs.just resignation. We're going down because we're not good enough to stay up

I'm going to give my complete and uncompromising opinion here and i think a lot of people will disagree because it goes against what we're seeing on the pitch, but we're losing anyway so its not like what we're doing is any better.

Wolves played us like Spurs played us. I think the most impressive thing about Wolves were they were very professional and disciplined. They looked like they knew how to play in every area of the pitch. They knew where to attack and they knew how to defend and how to drag players around. Bruno Lage is a superb coach and better than Nuno. If Man United put aside their arrogance for a second, they'd appoint Bruno.

We have shocking full backs lets be honest. This is one of the most difficult positions to play because they're asked to do a lot, and Coleman has never had bundles of talent. I always expected him to be a backup. Digne leaving meant teams could attack us anywhere in the full back areas. No one is scared of Coleman attacking and hurt him going the other way. Playing 4 at the back (or at times a lopsided 5 with two RBs today), we never used that to our advantage. Unfortunately there's no one else and Coleman will have to keep playing and we just have to hope for the best. It at least has to be three CBs, and Coleman and Mykolenko/Townsend as wingbacks.

Secondly our midfield - it should have been Allan and Doucoure, the entire team has zero chemistry and its only worse with VDB and Doucoure. Also it was the right choice to play two in the middle. Three doesn't make sense with Doucoure.

Finally our forwards - when fit it has to be DCL, Richarlison and Deli, they're the most talented players. Gray and Gordon are basically the same player and don't have enough creativity. I honestly have to sit Gordon now and I know he's been the best player in a number of games, but he doesn't have the killer instinct. He's a tidy good player, but everyone expects him to be like Eden Hazard but he's closer to Delofeu. Deli is like James, one pass might get you a goal.

We need more chemistry in the team - there are too many new players and nobody wants to or knows how to play football, everybody wants to charge up the pitch like its sunday league, we have players like Gray, Gordon, Coleman, Kenny who basically all play the same way.

Holgate, Keane, Godfrey
Coleman, Allan, Doucoure, Townsend
Richi, DCL, Deli

wolves have spent the majority of my life being a championship team with occasional and brief forays into the premier league

but since they came back up 2018 they've finished 7th twice, made Europa quarters and are on track for another finish in the european spots

just shows what competent ownership can do for a club

What the feck are they doing all week, they come out like they have never played together,, feck you everton. You don't deserve us.
I do wonder about this! All I see in training is the giggling and messing about.
He needs to get a formula 4 at the back
5 in the middle
1 up front
Be mean as anything and hit on the counter only, we are so easy to run through I fee we have no choice but to frustrate and harass opposing teams shutting them down before they get at our soft underbelly

The thing which might have been mentioned but I'm too lazy to check is.
It's alright having Goodison in the mood, but if these players don't score early. They WILL fold, because they're a horrible bunch.

These games in hand/home games need an Everton early goal, otherwise we're done for.

I'm not sure if I can honestly hand on heart say I love Everton more than I hate them at the moment. I'm sick of having weekends and weeks ruined by what appears to be 7/8 players who just couldn't give a to55 week in week out as they think "ah well I'll move on if they go down".
They show absolutely no fight or will for weeks and then they have the ducking cheek to come out and say "the fans need to get goodison bouncing and get behind the team"
I'm sorry but if it takes 40,000 people screaming the opposition into hiding to be able to do your job then you're either clearly not good enough or don't care enough to get into the opposition and do that yourself.
If you could scrap a whole squad in the summer without it completely destabilising the club I'd do it on an absolutely heartbeat. I can think of maybe 6 of the whole squad I'd keep and even then a few of them are only getting away with it because they've not been given enough chances to show they're complete bottle jobs as well.
I’m struggling at the 6 your thinking about

As much as I personally don’t want to suffer relegation, if we do go down, the saving grace will be them idiots that stayed behind in the Lower Gwladys to heckle the team have to suffer it too.

The whole world are onto how pathetic this is nowadays, and it’s absolutely true. Way to destroy our own club from the inside, as if any 18-30 year old millionaire footballer is gonna look at them embarrassing schleppers screaming at them and think ‘I’ll try hard for them next week’

Status
Not open for further replies.