The Accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
Here's the link to the official accounts that make for some grim reading... if you have the time and appreciation of how a set of accounts are compiled (not a smartass comment, there are many on this forum perfectly capable of reading accounts)...

Following the release of arguably these, the worst set of accounts in the history of Everton Football Club, Esk - who has been consistently correct in predicting the financial plight the club finds itself in - has penned this brief summary of where we're at and how completely dependent upon Moshiri the club currently is.

Here's the link to the official accounts that make for some grim reading... if you have the time and appreciation of how a set of accounts are compiled (not a smartass comment, there are many on this forum perfectly capable of reading accounts)...

Following the release of arguably these, the worst set of accounts in the history of Everton Football Club, Esk - who has been consistently correct in predicting the financial plight the club finds itself in - has penned this brief summary of where we're at and how completely dependent upon Moshiri the club currently is.

From the Esk's summary:

"The question remains, why does he persist with this appalling management team having committed so much money to see a hugely loss making club on the cusp of falling out of the Premier League whilst building a brand new stadium?"

Quite.

tenor.gif

It is grim. But aren't most modern Premier League teams essentially reliant on the owners? ?Most of them can't possibly pay the transfer fees and wages they do purely on tickets, shirts and tv money? Look at Chelsea now Abramovich has been sanctioned.
Abramovich just gifted them £30 million last week to tide them over till the new ownership proceedings have finished, they were once again like last season struggling to pay wages for the coming month like they were in April and May.

The financials tell me what I would expect to see: by any reasonable standard, the club is bankrupt. It's only being kept afloat because its largest creditor apparently thinks he can eventually recover enough of his outlay and continued cash injections to make doing so worthwhile.

It is grim. But aren't most modern Premier League teams essentially reliant on the owners? ?Most of them can't possibly pay the transfer fees and wages they do purely on tickets, shirts and tv money? Look at Chelsea now Abramovich has been sanctioned.
Post-COVID, most clubs are in a bad spot. Ours is worse than most due to the magnitude of the cash bleed, relative to the value of assets. Look at it this way: suppose you had the choice of buying West Ham or Everton. West Ham's operating loss and cash bleed are about a quarter of ours, in both cases. If West Ham is worth around 600 million pounds (based on the sale price of a 27% stake a few months ago), we're not.

I can't see why he's still throwing good money after bad. It implies that he cares, which is a good thing. I also fail to see how doing so is anything other than sunk cost fallacy, viewed rationally.

I think us and Chelsea were the only teams, bar Newcastle now probably that was mostly funded by their owners.

The fellas at City do it a "different way".

Status
Not open for further replies.