Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January it’s was showing we were getting dragged into trouble, we bring in Patterson (not played now out for the season) Myklenko ( Played a bit and I think will continue to do so) VDB ( played when fit) Alli ( played only a few minutes) Ghazi ( not featured if so only a few minutes) Lampard has more or less continued with the players that haven’t been performing all season, I just think it’s mad not giving those who are still available a go, especially when a lot that are playing are playing so poorly. The transfer window dealing haven't really helped us one bit, but it ain’t going to if a lot don’t even get a chance.

Like so many on here, we all have either a long and chequered history, for me, my family have been involved for well over 100 years and I've instilled that loyalty in my kids.

Or we have been touched by Everton more recently, but none of us, no matter how long or short that history is, can be dismissed or treated differently because we are here for Everton but accepting that relegation is OK, is a huge NO!

Seeing the desolation and tears and anger on my lads face after tonight is desperate. Yes there are some severe tragedies happening outside of football and this has been the case for as long as man has walked the earth but it doesn't stop you feeling it any less.

My Dad did it for me and his Dad for him and I will do it for mine, pick up the pieces, put perspective on it but sometimes as a much older man now, I also need that arm around the shoulder as I'm sure do others?

It's not over but it's closer than before, even the Wimbledon, Coventry years felt different to now, there was fight, spirit and a will before. This team and overall this club is a pale shadow of the Everton we know and its heartbreaking to witness.

WE GO AGAIN, I fear this is a pivotal year in the history of the Greatest Club, In my humble opinion ?

Toffee Forever
Great post. My friend Peter Farrell was devastated when we went down in 51. But he and the players rolled their sleeves up and we came back up. It took three years mind.

Shamrock Rovers were relegated because of crap ownership and an 8 points deduction. We came straight back up under fans' ownership and we are flying. 4 leagues and a Cup.

I just see nothing in this squad to see fight, passion, desire. It is like watching a loved one slowly dying. The worst thing is feeling helpless.

Nothing I can do to help this Club apart from buying merchandise and getting over for the odd match. I would love to give some of these players a piece of my Everton mind, but they would probably put it in their handbags.

“We’ll be sound, we’ve got games in hand”

Our hand:

40DA51AE-805C-4B0C-926E-B389A843E605.jpeg

Looking at the table and fixtures I think 34/35 pts will keep someone up this year. Seems ridiculous that is only 9 points away but feels like it might as well be 90 tonight.

I can't see a run from Burnley or Norwich, although obviously them playing each other this weekend is huge. Watford are the most likely to put 2/3 wins on the bounce together that will make all the difference as games run out.

Still a reasonable chance no-one does though and we just need to scrape a point more than the others. Clutching at straws?

All 3 goals aren’t coaching errors. They are huge individual errors. I actually think the defence look more solid from Set pieces with begovic in goal.
He hasn’t sorted the defence. When we don’t win, we almost always lose, we never pick up draws - if you keep a clean sheet you are guaranteed a draw. We looked like conceding every Burnley attack and make no mistake Burnley are dire.

Can we win all our home games? Very doubtful I know but i think that’s the only way we stay up now
Need to win at least 3 of them. We can't score and we can't defend. So that won't be happening. I'd respect Frank more over the next couple months if he actually tries some stuff. Give a young player another chance. Have the stones to bench DCL. Go back to a non-traditional back four that we had some success with last year where we just play 4 cbs with Holgate and Godfrey at right and left back. It probably won't make a difference, but we're at the point of desperation. We're likely sunk no matter what, but he should at least try some stuff.

How much are the losses going to be? Already over £300m and counting. They would be catastrophic if we go down, even more so if we don’t come straight back up as the parachute payments will stop. He’s got a stadium to build that seemingly he’s going to finance the lot. £600m wouldn’t get him anything like what he’s spent on Everton. And also, who would buy a newly promoted club for £600m? I’m not being a fearmonger, just a realist.

Parachute payments means we're £40-60 million down the 1st season which is covered by selling DCL and Mina alone you imagine.

Richarlison and Pickford leave thats another what £80-90 million in the door.

Siggurdsson
Delph
Tosun
Kenny

All out of contract on top of James/Digne/Benards wages gone

Gbamin/Allan possibly gone

Not saying its ideal as obviously we are down on Cazoo/USM money also but if we recruited right in the summer we would be favourites to come back up.

I would argue paying someone like Big Samuel Alladyce to take the job on if Lampard went would have us favorities to win the league and be back up.

Its not the end of the road that some think it is - obviously its really bad timing and financially will hit us hard but providing we can wiggle around the EFL rules for this summer and bring a few lower PL quality players in to help bring us up I think we would be back rather quick unless we absolutely cocked the summer recruitment up (which isn't out the realms of possibility).

Burnley won tonight . But they are still dreadful. They won't pick up a whole lot of more points either. We might not either. But it's not over .
some reason I just can’t see us going down, only real reason is because we are Everton, Im clinging on to the law of averages theory that an unexpected win will pop up and we will get a few more and survive, if I give up all hope what’s the point of following football. If we go down we will all be here next season, just let’s hope we survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.