Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get why people think we need 3 wins etc to survive, we don't, we just need to match whatever the equally [Poor language removed] Burnley do. We're a point above them, if they only get 3 points between now and the end of the season then we still only need 2. Watford and Norwich are gone already IMHO, we are not going down.

The only hope we have now is pulling off an upset against Man Utd.

Goodison has got to be a bear pit Saturday. We have got to get behind the players from the first whistle to the last.

Not gonna lie and it’s pathetic but I’m struggling mentally with this fall out the premier league , not sleeping worrying about 14-15 millionaires who won’t be losing any sleep over our inevitable relegation when I shouid be worried about the cost of living ,a war in Ukraine, yet it’s these spineless bunch of cowards who have me in the pits of misery,how can one group of players heap endless misery on the fans of this club in the same cowardly manner .
Frank should print that off and blu tac it to the dressing room wall

A good coach starts with the defence.

Get the basics right. Make sure everyone knows their roles. Set pieces.

Then you can work on the creativity.

If you're leaking goals, team morale drops and everything goes out the window.

It's not rocket science

I hoped that lampard would've made progress on this with the backroom staff he brought in... But it's just not happening at the moment.

But you can only play who is available and who is available are crap, we have a first division defence, who make at least one crucial mistake of score an own goal every week and an incredibly overrated goalkeeper, who has never been able to command his area. I've made my peace with it, we are going down and deserve to go down.

Replying to an earlier message from @IrishToffee24 about staying positive.

YES - this has to be the fans attitide until end of season. It can and does impact the players positively when Goodison's electric.

Newcastle was good. The guys were in good voice last night too.

We can still do this.

Don't get why people think we need 3 wins etc to survive, we don't, we just need to match whatever the equally [Poor language removed] Burnley do. We're a point above them, if they only get 3 points between now and the end of the season then we still only need 2. Watford and Norwich are gone already IMHO, we are not going down.
Have you seen our respective fixture? Do you think Burnley have less experience of this sort of dog fight than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.