Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously every game is massive but I think that Leicester home game coming up is the most winnable of our next four. If we can get four points from them four (Man U, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea), we will likely be in the relegation zone, but within distance of safety. That will leave us with Leicester away, Watford away, Brentford home, Palace home and Arsenal away.

Liverpool away and Arsenal away are write offs for me. Which leaves two other away games we could get something from, Leicester and Watford. Realistically, we will have to win one of these games, on paper the Watford one is more winnable with their proximity to us: that’s if we ignore for a second how pathetic we are on the road.

If we can get 3/4 points from next four games, I think we are going to need 7/9 points more, and it could all come down to them three games before Arsenal: Watford away, and the Goodison double header v Brentford and Palace. Could be monumental games.

Obviously every game is massive but I think that Leicester home game coming up is the most winnable of our next four. If we can get four points from them four (Man U, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea), we will likely be in the relegation zone, but within distance of safety. That will leave us with Leicester away, Watford away, Brentford home, Palace home and Arsenal away.

Liverpool away and Arsenal away are write offs for me. Which leaves two other away games we could get something from, Leicester and Watford. Realistically, we will have to win one of these games, on paper the Watford one is more winnable with their proximity to us: that’s if we ignore for a second how pathetic we are on the road.

If we can get 3/4 points from next four games, I think we are going to need 7/9 points more, and it could all come down to them three games before Arsenal: Watford away, and the Goodison double header v Brentford and Palace. Could be monumental games.

Been saying for a month now we need to be four points clear before this game as it could be a last day nightmare scenario , so getting into the relegation zone after this next run of four games is unthinkable , need to pick up a shock win somewhere

Burnley will 100% beat Norwich tomorrow, so lose to Utd we have to gain 2 more points than Burnley in the next 8 games, draw and its just 1 point extra needed. To put a positive on it if we win we again have a bit of breathing space albeit 1 point as their GD is better than ours!

I fully expect us to be in the relegation zone come 4pm on Sunday but will we be 1 or 2 points from safety, this is where it gets real. If this squad goes in I dont back us to get out again such is the lack of character....

I’m at peace with whatever happens. I’m more upset that I ignored the 40/1 relegation odds that I saw in December.
I particularly remember a comment from our resident Spurs fan along the lines of: “don’t be ridiculous, EFC won’t be relegated”.

If Leeds lose today, which is very possible, they are right back in it. Our win against them may make all the difference
Do you think?

They are 5 points ahead of us, yes we have 3 games in hand but we`d need to win 2 of them to overtake them. We`ve only won 2 of the last 9.....

I`m sure Leeds will be OK, it will be 2 of Burnley, Watford or Everton. Once we hit the relegation zone tomorrow there will be no way back, Average league position of the teams we have left? 9th with Burnleys being 12th and Watford 12th. That means we have played more of the easier teams than those 2 below us and have by far the worst run in. I can only see us going 1 way IF we dont win today, which we wont.

1649496577747.png

….I’m know I’m not alone in being sickened to the stomach by our situation.

i am extremely annoyed at the few posters who not only put Benitez on a pedestal, they continue to defend him & rejoiced at the sale of Digne. They are not Evertonians I can relate to any more & they continue to post on here with no contrition.

i find it increasingly difficult to visit this forum because of them. I know the vast majority on here are decent Toffees & I hope for our sakes we escape this nightmare but I fear we are past the point of no return.
Mmm, who could that have been I wonder?

Watford and Burnley have easier fixtures. We just can't afford to think any more in terms of which games are winnable. Every game is a must-win. And if we can keep a few clean sheets, anything is possible. How we can fix our defence is the big question.

Do you think?

They are 5 points ahead of us, yes we have 3 games in hand but we`d need to win 2 of them to overtake them. We`ve only won 2 of the last 9.....

I`m sure Leeds will be OK, it will be 2 of Burnley, Watford or Everton. Once we hit the relegation zone tomorrow there will be no way back, Average league position of the teams we have left? 9th with Burnleys being 12th and Watford 12th. That means we have played more of the easier teams than those 2 below us and have by far the worst run in. I can only see us going 1 way IF we dont win today, which we wont.

View attachment 161899

Watfords home games

Everton
Leeds
Brentford
Burnley
Leicester

I think potentially they can win 2 or 3 of them, I dont think they will win anything away as they have City, Palace and Chelsea away from home.

That does mean if they pick up 9 points we need 6

Burnley is the worry, their last 9 they play 3 teams in the top 10 and 6 in the bottom 10 compared to ours where we play 7 teams currently sat inside the top 10 and just 2 against teams in the bottom 10.....

Again the stats just show it going 1 way BUT we have seen this team capable of winning against anyone in recent seasons, these same players. There is hope but ultimately too little too late.

If Leeds lose today, which is very possible, they are right back in it. Our win against them may make all the difference
If Leeds lose today (to Watford), Burnley win against Norwich and we lose to Utd the we are bottom 3. I wouldn't even be thinking about Leeds at the moment.

My only hope is the pressure gets to Burnley and Watford regardless of our result today.

If we lose, Watford and Burnley win we will be 18th not dropping to 19th purely on goal difference, just 6 goals. Could have made a real difference this week with a draw at West Ham and win at Burnley, even a draw at Burnley instead we are staring straight down the barrel with a deranged madman on the trigger!

Dyche is 100% correct, we dont know how to win games, they`d only won 3 in 28 and not scored in 5 yet we were all too easy for them.

We are down, I hope we arent but I cant see where we are getting 9-12 points from to stay up. After tomorrow we probably need 1 win to even get to safety and then its downhill from there........

1649498223103.png

Status
Not open for further replies.