2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting the love for him, he is weak defensively, ( at fault for the goal, dived in near the end of half when he had no chance of getting there and was missing when Delph had to throw last min tackle in the 2nd), also don't remember any crosses, certainly none of note. Only way he comes good is if we drop a division and he plays at his level

Mind blowing assessment.

Weak defensively??? Against united + leicester didnt put a foot wrong.

Crosses? He needs the ball to put in crosses mate.

See my post in the Coleman thread.

He and Mykolenko are night and day.

Coleman made 1 great tackle in the first few minutes...really great.

Then it was backpasses, running backwards with the ball and chasing players without success.

Energy and ability was the opposite to Mykolenko.

Disagree myself mate.

Nah you’re always desperate to have a go at Coleman. He put in an unreal tackle in the first minute and plenty of other big tackles too.
On the flip side he gave them a golden chance to go two up when he got tackled down the right with about 15 to go and completely fluffed the chance to score just before Richarlison finally equalised.
So not exactly great with those two points but no way was he dire - without the first tackle we’ve gone two down in five minutes.

The two points in bold i wholeheartedly agree with.

Aside from that moment, there was backpasses...suicidal running backwards with the ball...etc

Mind blowing assessment.

Weak defensively??? Against united + leicester didnt put a foot wrong.

Crosses? He needs the ball to put in crosses mate.

Clearly didn't read my post as I listed ones I remember where he clearly put a foot wrong tonight. Also he is a full back if he isn't getting into position to make crosses he is failing

Clearly didn't read my post as I listed ones I remember where he clearly put a foot wrong tonight. Also he is a full back if he isn't getting into position to make crosses he is failing

I read your post....it makes no sense.

Here it is below:

Not getting the love for him, he is weak defensively, ( at fault for the goal, dived in near the end of half when he had no chance of getting there and was missing when Delph had to throw last min tackle in the 2nd), also don't remember any crosses, certainly none of note. Only way he comes good is if we drop a division and he plays at his level

How can he be "weak defensively" when no player went past him for Man United or Leicester?

He wasnt at fault for the goal. Delph was as you can see a couple of pages back where someone has posted screenshots.

He overlapped Gray countless times while Gray cut inside...every single time. Gray was at fault for not passing Mykolenko the ball -- you can see the frustration in both the match and the Gray threads.

Mykolenko was given the ball 3 times (that i remember) in an advanced position...1 cross...1 corner and one ball to Richarlison who won a corner.

Didnt give the ball away and no player got past him.

Class.

I read your post....it makes no sense.

Here it is below:

How can he be "weak defensively" when no player went past him for Man United or Leicester?

He wasnt at fault for the goal. Delph was as you can see a couple of pages back where someone has posted screenshots.

He overlapped Gray countless times while Gray cut inside...every single time. Gray was at fault for not passing Mykolenko the ball -- you can see the frustration in both the match and the Gray threads.

Mykolenko was given the ball 3 times (that i remember) in an advanced position...1 cross...1 corner and one ball to Richarlison who won a corner.

Didnt give the ball away and no player got past him.

Class.

You have v low standards, not fit to shine Digne boots

A massive drop off from Digne but now he's playing his natural position (LB) we're seeing that he has got something and he is growing each week. Hopefully if the situation in Ukraine stabilises sometime soon that will only help him even more.

Such a likeable lad but we do need to be patient.

When was the last time Digne but in back to back solid performances like Mykolenko tonight and against United?

Certainly wasnt this season.

Mykolenko will be phenomenal next season...i have no idea what game you just watched but its far wide of the mark.

He didn't put in solid back to back performance though

My initial assessment after a few months.

Tremendously fit lad. Up and down all game whilst others are blowing after an hour.

Defensively sound. He looks more solid than Digne, dare I say it more reliable. Which is fine by me.

Going forward he's not as silky as Digne but I don't see much difference in output in terms of assists etc.

Anyone who said he is slow too is wrong.

Ironically for me he's one of the ones I would be happy to see stay next season whatever division we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.