Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm from Melbourne. I've been lurking on the site for years. In the absence of having billions to buy the team off Moshiri, the only thing I can do to support the team is to open an account on here. I've been staying up late and getting up at 4:45 am to watch the games.

Fwiw, credit to the fans who were at the Newcastle game. I woke up to watch it like I said I do and the oomph from the fans in the stadium could be felt through the screen even though I was half asleep.

But I'm just one guy in Melbourne. Idk anyone else who goes for Everton. Idk how you guys from Liverpool can live through this, it's a lot worse than my AFL team, Carlton, getting wooden spoons (Which they've done a lot of in the last 20 years).
Well, now you know me, because I live in Melbourne and am originally from Liverpool (and a former Street End season ticket holder). At least I’ve had the Tigers cheering me up on the AFL front in the last few years!

I completely forgot about our game in hand. Provides us with some hope. But I have to say that Wednesday, again, was an opportunity missed. Yes we salvaged something but the overall attitude and tempo was not one I'd expect to see from a team fighting for their lives. I don't have any trust in them.

The most important result this weekend is Wolves getting point(s) and Burnley. We are not expected to get anything at RS, but Wolves could well get something which would realy help our cause.

Burnley not winning tomorrow is huge. If they get back to back wins with another winable game on the way, that doesn't bode well. Throw in the fact our next two games are difficult and it starts to look very bleak.

It means several different independent companies who rely on making correct predictions to make money all think we will stay up.

Makes a change from the bed wetting doom and gloom I see here.

7 games to go coyb

The most important result this weekend is Wolves getting point(s) and Burnley. We are not expected to get anything at RS, but Wolves could well get something which would realy help our cause.

As @PhilM says above: realistically we could at KO time in the derby be one point ahead of Burnley with two games in hand.

If Wolves play like Wolves and Burnley play like Burnley that will happen.

Burnley not winning tomorrow is huge. If they get back to back wins with another winable game on the way, that doesn't bode well. Throw in the fact our next two games are difficult and it starts to look very bleak.
We've never been in the bottom three, so it'd be interesting to see how our team reacts if that were the case.

I have a feeling this weekend will be Burnley's one and only opportunity to switch places with us. If they dont take it, I see them gradually falling away. All they need to do that is to get a draw if we get our expected derby defeat.

Are they up to it?

If they aren't and they get beat, it'll tell me an awful lot about them.

Does anyone still have any hope?

It all seems so inevitable to me now.
Absolutely, mate!!!! It will be very tight but we CAN do it. There will be twists and pain before the end but things are still in our own hands with a bit of fighting spirit and an improvement in front of goal. Just about enough of the players are still trying enough to pull it off.

How anyone thinks it's "inevitable" that we get overtaken and plunged into the Championship by a team below us on points and with a game less to play than us is beyond me.

I think they're just looking for a hug.

Utterly gutless and pathetic thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.