Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all - hope our predicament isn’t affecting you as badly as it is me, but I know all blues are feeling the same, horrible.

Still in our hands, even after tomorrows dreaded match, but we’re gonna need some help from the teams playing Leeds and Burnley, which isn’t great, especially if they all play like bloody Southampton did.

Although we started so poorly against Leicester, which was unacceptable to be honest given the nature and importance of the match, at least they still showed some passion and fight until the very end and grabbed a deserved point.

We simply cannot afford any more slow starts in any game - they should have been leaving absolutely everything on the pitch, and they haven’t done that yet imo, so hoping it starts tomorrow, but tomorrows result won’t define us or decide our fate. it’s the entire season and the remaining games that will do that - if we’re in the bottom three we deserve to be (although some dodgy af refs and var calls will have played a part in that!).

I just hope these cowards playing for us realise how perilous our position is and use every element of their power to help us - can’t say I trust them to though, which is just a killer.

What an abysmal season it has been so far, so sad for all us bluenoses, but especially those who go the away games - we all deserve so much better, and I just wish everyone at the club understood what our motto means as well as most of the fans do.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it one bit but I was like that last year too. Who knows what will happen? Everyone expects us to be thrashed so, even if it happens, that's the way the cookie crumbles. If, however, we pull a performance out of the bag...

Thing I'm dreading most and makes me unnecessarily angry is the unashamedly biased commentary. No replays for incidents in our favour and slo-mo multiple angles for everything against them. Drives me mental!
Lampard called out the ref in his presser, hopefully thiswill stop anymore yellows becoming reds because it is us

They have let me down in every critical game in the last twenty years.

They have no fight in them.

They will be annihilated today. Although we expect to lose, a heavy defeat will be a sucker punch.

Evergg the time I see a glimmer of hope they find a way of extinguishing it.

To be honest I’m preparing for the inevitable by weaning myself off footballl I’m. It hurts me too much.

I won’t watch today.
Have they? Name some of those games? Also, if we lack fight then why have we gained more points from losing positions than most teams in the league? And that's with us being in losing positions more than any team bar Watford. We've been behind more often than Burnley or Leeds, yet pulled it back far more than they have. It's not fight we're lacking, it's decent attacking play and lack of chances created that damaged us.

How anyone thinks it's "inevitable" that we get overtaken and plunged into the Championship by a team below us on points and with a game less to play than us is beyond me.

I think they're just looking for a hug.

Utterly gutless and pathetic thinking.
Amazing how many people think Burnley are suddenly a great side and that everyone who plays them don't want to win

Have they? Name some of those games? Also, if we lack fight then why have we gained more points from losing positions than most teams in the league? And that's with us being in losing positions more than any team bar Watford. We've been behind more often than Burnley or Leeds, yet pulled it back far more than they have. It's not fight we're lacking, it's decent attacking play and lack of chances created that damaged us.
The chances are being created - it's a case of them not being put away. Did you not see the first-half chance the Richy missed against Leicester? A decent schoolboy player would have tucked that away in the empty net...

The chances are being created - it's a case of them not being put away. Did you not see the first-half chance the Richy missed against Leicester? A decent schoolboy player would have tucked that away in the empty net...
My original post did mention the finishing but in most game recently we've hardly created anything and seldom test their keeper- this improved vs Leicester (and Burnley) but one before that one or two decent chances a game are not good enough. Yes, Richy missed a sitter but he's been key lately, never stops running and will need to be on form for us to stay up- as he looks our best source for goals- often our only source.

Morning all - hope our predicament isn’t affecting you as badly as it is me, but I know all blues are feeling the same, horrible.

Still in our hands, even after tomorrows dreaded match, but we’re gonna need some help from the teams playing Leeds and Burnley, which isn’t great, especially if they all play like bloody Southampton did.

Although we started so poorly against Leicester, which was unacceptable to be honest given the nature and importance of the match, at least they still showed some passion and fight until the very end and grabbed a deserved point.

We simply cannot afford any more slow starts in any game - they should have been leaving absolutely everything on the pitch, and they haven’t done that yet imo, so hoping it starts tomorrow, but tomorrows result won’t define us or decide our fate. it’s the entire season and the remaining games that will do that - if we’re in the bottom three we deserve to be (although some dodgy af refs and var calls will have played a part in that!).

I just hope these cowards playing for us realise how perilous our position is and use every element of their power to help us - can’t say I trust them to though, which is just a killer.

What an abysmal season it has been so far, so sad for all us bluenoses, but especially those who go the away games - we all deserve so much better, and I just wish everyone at the club understood what our motto means as well as most of the fans do.
It’s just a constant dark cloud isn’t it. Absolutely miserable these last 6-7 weeks

No, they'll be laid off. You go down, you downsize accordingly.
The downsizing will mostly (if not entirely) be the playing squad though.

It doesn't take markedly less ground staff (for example) to upkeep Goodison in the Championship vs in the PL. And the cost savings on the playing side are in a different stratosphere vs ground staff, tea ladies etc.

Getting rid of 1 mid tier player would pay all those wages for a year.

‘We’ve been behind more often than Burnley or Leeds, yet pulled it back far more than they have’..

Can you just stop and read what you are saying here.

‘We’ve been behind more often than Burnley or Leeds, yet pulled it back far more than they have’..

Can you just stop and read what you are saying here.
Yeah, i get that now, good point but the point is about us lacking fight when we've got more points from losing positions than most of the division. We don't lack fight and I guarantee you if Man Utd scored a deflected goal in the 96th minute last week the same people who praised our 'fight', would claim we lacked fight. There's certain fans whose only form of analysis is 'lack of fight'.

"if we go down we won't come back up for years"
"Team has no passion, no fight, no heart"
"Players don't play for the badge"
"Players paid too much".

I read this earlier today....from an issue of When Skies are Grey, from the "we're deffo going down lot" from April 93 (yes, 93 not 94). The same people now say "at least in the 90s we had passion, fight and heart"".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back