2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220501-175230_Instagram.jpg

Yes dele

idk, i want to like the guy

but he had the ball at his feet , in the chelsea box, and he just froze

i'd love for him to get his Spurs form bak though

Think if we stay up he'll be an important player for us next year, I think he and Lampard understand that it'd be very hard to throw him in against anyone now becuase we have to perform perfectly. I think when the pressure is off he can express himself a bit more and on paper he's probably our best player in terms of ability and creativity. I think he's got a good future here, provided we stay up.

Interesting what the club does with him this summer.

I mean if we keep hold of him - is he another £20 million down the pan?

At present time he's not worth the money but I can't see anyone taking him off our hands either.

Shame as he's got quality I just dont see where he fits long term particularly with the rebirth of Iwobi as the 3rd Central player.

Interesting what the club does with him this summer.

I mean if we keep hold of him - is he another £20 million down the pan?

At present time he's not worth the money but I can't see anyone taking him off our hands either.

Shame as he's got quality I just dont see where he fits long term particularly with the rebirth of Iwobi as the 3rd Central player.
Why would he? he is a second striker type not an attacking midfielder type like Iwobi. We need 2 CM imo, 1 defensive midfielder and 1 more creative type who can pass the ball about a bit better as it ain't a strong point of Allan or Doucoure and we have waited years just to see a few half decent games from Iwobi, so to rely on him as our creative output would be slightly naive.

Why would he? he is a second striker type not an attacking midfielder type like Iwobi. We need 2 CM imo, 1 defensive midfielder and 1 more creative type who can pass the ball about a bit better as it ain't a strong point of Allan or Doucoure and we have waited years just to see a few half decent games from Iwobi, so to rely on him as our creative output would be slightly naive.

I just dont think we play the system to suit the lad mate.

4411 is probably what gets the best out of him but I think under Lampard we'll end up 433 long term as he gets his own players in.

I dont think he's a CF either even though some of our fans plead with the manager to chuck him off the bench as one.

I just dont think we play the system to suit the lad mate.

4411 is probably what gets the best out of him but I think under Lampard we'll end up 433 long term as he gets his own players in.

I dont think he's a CF either even though some of our fans plead with the manager to chuck him off the bench as one.
We are not playing a suitable system at the moment I agree, but he was at his best when he was playing off Kane and buzzing around him and running in behind.

Bit of a funny one Ali, I don’t think he’s been brought in for the here and now.

My theory is - Lampard has a specific way of playing with heavily features Ali, Lampard thought our relegation worries weren’t that bad when he came in and could play a system till the end of the season which bedded Ali in but finish bottom half. It obviously hasn’t transpired that way so he hasn’t been able to use him the way he wants to. I think Ali will feature for us heavily next year if Lampard stays.

This could be complete waffle but I’ve had a bevy ?

If we stay up, reckon we are selling DCL and Richie and buying Lukaku. Alli will play off Lukaku like he did off Kane. Absolutely no basis for this other than wishful thinking....

Honestly think if we can stay up that he could turn out to be a great signing. Frank just maybe doesn’t think now is a good time to blood him if he’s low on confidence. And I would absolutely agree with that. Build him back up slowly and hopefully reap the rewards next season. Just got to stay up. ?

That ball though... towards the end didn't even look up and pinged it to feet. Just needs to have a season or two of insta and I reckon he'll find his boots with a desire to win.

Bit of a funny one Ali, I don’t think he’s been brought in for the here and now.

My theory is - Lampard has a specific way of playing with heavily features Ali, Lampard thought our relegation worries weren’t that bad when he came in and could play a system till the end of the season which bedded Ali in but finish bottom half. It obviously hasn’t transpired that way so he hasn’t been able to use him the way he wants to. I think Ali will feature for us heavily next year if Lampard stays.

This could be complete waffle but I’ve had a bevy ?

Think what's very noticable is he's working his backside off when brought on, np signs of sulking etc - leads me to think Lampard has explained the situation here and now and the longer term plan for next season.

Think he'll become a big part of the team next season personally

Status
Not open for further replies.