Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is, everybody has these lists of people they want to offload and I have a list myself.

But, if you consider that this squad is what we currently "start" with :

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

When you're saying that you wanna shift Keane, Gomes, Allan, Mina, Holgate to name a few, they will all need replacing and I dont know if we get enough money to replace them.

So then you're looking at selling a jewel in the shape of Richarlison or DCL, potentially both.

I dunno man, I dont envy dealing with that minefield.

My issue is, everybody has these lists of people they want to offload and I have a list myself.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

When you're saying that you wanna shift Keane, Gomes, Allan, Mina, Holgate to name a few, they will all need replacing and I dont know if we get enough money to replace them.

So then you're looking at selling a jewel in the shape of Richarlison or DCL, potentially both.

We can want to shift lots of players, but ultimately you need to work with the manager. Holgate will not be on mega money, and has done ok under Lampard, so little point in him going. Allan if a bid comes in maybe, but again appears a leader behind the scenes.

I cant see anybody bidding for Mina, so he probably sees his contract out, and we re evaluate next season. Hopefully Keane to West Ham might happen.

We are not going to be selling 3 of our 4 fit centre backs though. It's not realistic in my opinion. There will be some players who are on a transition with us.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

Think it's almost a given we sell DCL or Richy, be surprised if both went but not shocked, think out the two DCL is the one Lampard would get rid off if it was a choice between them, likely fetch more and massively better in terms of how it works on FPP selling him over Richy.

Gomes I'd say is guaranteed out mate, most likely on loan as wages and whose paying a decent fee in reality for him. I think we can sell Keane, Holgate I think Lampard likes and young enough still to improve with better coaching. Mina it's all about if they can get his fitness sorted somehow.

Some of our positions are pretty decent now, fullback if patterson beds in with a proper off season, the young lb lad returning from loan, keeper sorted too with begovic an ok backup.

Midfield is the mess really where we need serious improvement in. As well as a cb and another forward.

If we spend well (DCL money) and use the loan market well, well that's the big question mark

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

Guess the hope is that Braithwaite improves, one or two young lads step up to the first team in the manner Gordon has - Dobbin etc.

He's already turned around a couple that most would have been happy to see out the door, Iwobi, Holgate the obvious two, hopefully Godfrey gets back to how he looked before COVID and Alli starts getting back to half the player he was

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

The midfield desparately needs sorting regardless. Anyone else would be one in one out. The squad has shown in games under Lampard it wasn't as bad as 1 win in 15 or whatever it was but it still needs improving

do you think mina will sign a new contract?

he has 1 more year left after this summer

if he isn't going to sign a new contract would it not make sense to sell him to try and get some decent money for him?
He'll want a pay rise.

We can't give a pay rise to someone who's already on £100k p/w but misses 20 games per season due to injury.

We should sell him this summer. I won't deny that he's usually our best defender when he plays, but he simply doesn't play often enough to justify his current wages.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Asmir Begović

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Nkounkou

Centre Backs

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
Allan
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

Selling DCL would be the ideal situation but I really don’t think A) anyone would be interested and B) we’d get a lot for him if someone was interested.

Moise Kean £25mil (a year early)
Pickford £40mil
Keane £10mil
Allan £10mil
DCL £50mil

Moving on those players could bring in £135mil for a new spine of GK, CB, CM, CF.

Get others off the books like Gomes, Gbamin, Townsend, Rondon + the out of contract/ loan players Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Sigurdsson, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek.

Go into next season with new high quality young players...a smaller but superior squad on lower wages.
Don't get these constant comments about selling Pickford!

He has been our most consistent player over the last 16 months, we should be ensuring he stays, given the wage he is already on he isn't going to Spurs anyway

Please stop flogging off our assets to the club to justify bringing in "promising young players"

do you think mina will sign a new contract?

he has 1 more year left after this summer

if he isn't going to sign a new contract would it not make sense to sell him to try and get some decent money for him?
No, and we shouldn't offer him one. He's our best defender but he's never fit and he's on big money. If there is a reasonable offer in the summer (and we're still in the PL) then we should take it and buy a new CB on lower wages.

See Erling Haaland is off to Man City, so you would expect Arsenal to follow up their interest in Gabriel Jesus, thus leaving DCL in the mire?

75 million release clause 30 million in wages per year, think we might be out of the running anyway :)

From Nicolo Schira? don't know if he is any good though?

Status
Not open for further replies.