Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….can’t help but feel it was wasted opportunity. Reminded me a bit of the Brentford away game but at least we didn’t concede.

i don’t think the team shape and organisation helped us take the game to Watford, wing backs conservative we had decent situations without having decent chances. More of a ‘we will not concede’ set up as opposed to a creative one. Lampard should’ve gone for it but went with the approach that worked in the last two games.

Gordon again very wasteful with his final delivery and set pieces, I thought Delph was probably the pick of an ordinary bunch.

All bluster and little skill. It will get you places for a while, but you get found out.
As I said previously, I like what Frank has done with the effort levels, I am not sure if he can get the skill levels any higher though

It’s not a disaster. Burnley are unlikely to beat Spurs and Leeds are in free fall; even if they win one, our GD would mean we’d need a point alone.
Leeds have Brentford and Brighton, both of which are winnable and Burnley still have Villa and Newcastle who are both on the beach. We’re in real danger imo

Could’ve been going into the game against Brentford at the weekend knowing a win guarantees safety. Just needs to be more flexible - he doesn’t change things during games which is really frustrating.
We still are going into that knowing what is what though. It's appauling we havent won that. Absolutely appaulling. No energy, no fight, no urgency. The space was there, the chances were there. The set pieces were there.

Absolutely zero quality at all.

No MotM for me. Dreadful Benitez style percentage football from Lampard when safety was within reach and pretty unenthusiastic performances from the players. Had we been playing a Burnley or Leeds they would have put three or four past us. Instead we were playing a Championship reserve side. It's a point. Let's see if it helps keep us up.

This game shows why we are where we are. We gave Watford their first clean sheet ever this season

I really would've preferred we won this game. Watford weren't trying. Their fans weren't trying - I could only hear Everton chant from the tele.
Leeds lost and only have 2 games left. We really should've won this game. Very disappointing. Now lets hope we focus and win the next game and hope Brighton does their job and win as well.

If you'd asked me before Chelsea if I'd take 7 points from the next three games I'd have eaten both of your hands off.

If you'd asked me if I'd take 1 point from the next 1 game this afternoon, it'd have been a great big NO.

Such an opportunity missed.

We'll never, ever not be Everton.

My thought through this game was this must be exactly how it is to play against us. They were truly awful and you could tell by looking at them. Honestly the first time this season I've looked at an opponent and thought "yeah we're better than them" and yet still we came away with a whimper of a draw. Awful from the players and manager. We can talk up the recent form all we want, this was the true ability of the players tonight. Disgrace for the number of fans that travelled, we're only lucky that Leeds are trying to relegate themselves more than us. Sick of these bottlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.