Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GD means it is like three George.

However we really should not be in this position after the ridiculous spending on players in recent years
It really, truly doesn’t.

If we’re two points ahead with a vastly superior GD and we lose, and they win, they go ahead of us, not level with us.

GD is “worth an extra point” in the event we end up level on points when all is said and done, not as a chip for one free league point to be cashed in at an arbitrary point in the season.

It really, truly doesn’t.

If we’re two points ahead with a vastly superior GD and we lose, and they win, they go ahead of us, not level with us.

GD is “worth an extra point” in the event we end up level on points when all is said and done, not as a chip for one free league point to be cashed in at an arbitrary point in the season.
What I said is they need 3 points to go ahead - 2 would at best leave them level but our better GD would put us ahead.

Its a bit like the old away goals rule where if the teams finish level whoever scored most away went through

I never said if we lose our games and they get another 3 that we would be level !!

Hopefully it won't come to this

Couldn't pick any man of the match this week as I simply have no recollection of the match. Maybe my drunken self for shouting and pointing loads like a revitalised Phillip Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.