Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was never confident about this. People seem to have forgotten that these exact same players were getting webbed 4-0 by a mediocre Palace team about a month ago.

Next season is absolutely irrelevant right now. For one, we aren't safe and don't know what league we will play in. And also, getting to safety is all that matters. Style points count for nothing in our position. If we get to safety, it's job done and it doesn't matter how and when we achieve it, as long as we do.
of course everything is all about this season. It's all about getting the points to assure that we are a PL club for next season.
But next season is imo relevant. It has to be. Frank Lampard and his people have to be having one eye on next season. They have to be reconizing targets. Recognizing players that will improve us. Sorting out the players that he doesn't want at the club. The dross.
Surely any manager worth his salt at this stage of the season , has one eye on improving the team for the upcoming next season.
But yes.......We still have to get safe. But nothing is irrelevant. We don't want to miss out on a target , because everything is fixated on this awful season.
Read somewhere that Lampard needs a few transfer windows to get his own players onboard. So nothing is irrevalant. Managers are always looking ahead.

Was never confident about this. People seem to have forgotten that these exact same players were getting webbed 4-0 by a mediocre Palace team about a month ago.
Yep.....spot on. But then the same players beat Man utd.....Chelsea and Leicester. And gave Man City and Liverpool a proper game. It's all about what Everton team will turn up.
But tbh trying to predict what Everton will turn up is almost impossible. Nostradamus would have bother predicting how this Everton team would do.

This is actually still a pretty big concern of mine. How much do we have left in the tank for these final three games?
Agreed - it's a concern...which makes it more infuriating that we didn't change things up earlier last night. Going for it in the second half instead of sitting in and sticking to Plan A would have meant rest for some key players. Lampard's done okay but at times does feel like he's an inexperienced manager - nervous about risk. Fingers cross we'll still have enough to get over the line!

MOTM to Iwobi

Disappointed with the performance

Just happy we didn't lose

Over all, happy since the Burnley defeat.

A spirited and battling performance befitting the fight for premier league survival we find ourselves in. Bravehearts to a man, including those on the bench helping raise spirits like Alli, it’s not just those who cross the white line who contributed to that valiant effort.
I’d have bitten anyones arm off if I’d been offered that result before kick off against that depleted Watford side after winning the previous game #standards #NSNO

We missed Townie last night.

Someone not afraid to have a crack at goal or whip a ball into the box.
I'm completely serious: why not give el Ghazi a game? Everyone was baffled when we loaned him because it was the one position where we actually had depth and no one wanted him other than what’s his name- but he is not a bad player. He would probably run his tits off he must be so bored.

I know we did not play to good last night but if we had had a goal scorer we would have easily won that game.

Or a creator in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.