Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much it. Until last week, we were down. We've ground out points. It might be enough, it might not be. But losing games at this point in the season is devastating.
You still worried it might not be enough? OK, mathematically you're right but, come on, it's Burnley or, most likely, Leeds doing down. I know I'm the eternal optimist but the Goodison effect will ensure our last game will only be crucial for Arsenal.

You still worried it might not be enough? OK, mathematically you're right but, come on, it's Burnley or, most likely, Leeds doing down. I know I'm the eternal optimist but the Goodison effect will ensure our last game will only be crucial for Arsenal.
It's never that easy. We should have done enough, but like last night showed, we aren't in a position to just take points when we need them. Burnley and leeds get 1 win and we're right back in it.

To be honest I wasn't expecting us to go out and hammer Watford just 3 days after a hard game against Leicester. They may have been relegated, but they weren't going to roll over and let us score at will, and a side that is set up just to defend is hard to break down when you aren't exactly brilliant at it. I'll accept the point as it's better than a defeat would have been.

Look at City stats from last night, 15 goal attempts 5 on target (5 goals)

Everton 15 goal attempts, 5 on target (0 goals).

I’m definitely not saying we are City standard, but the crucial difference (apart from everywhere on the pitch) is the conversion of “on target” to “goal”.

We should’ve won last night, by a mile. Rue the missed opportunity, but another 2-3 points should see us safe.

I can't see Leeds picking up more than two points.
They could easily beat Brighton at home. Yes Brighton are the better team, but we've already seen both Burnley and us snap out of the awful form, Leeds have really one final chance to do so this weekend. I think they get at least a point in Sunday.

To be honest I wasn't expecting us to go out and hammer Watford just 3 days after a hard game against Leicester. They may have been relegated, but they weren't going to roll over and let us score at will, and a side that is set up just to defend is hard to break down when you aren't exactly brilliant at it. I'll accept the point as it's better than a defeat would have been.
Our players looked a bit jaded last night, Brentford will be fresh, maybe time for changes.

They could easily beat Brighton at home. Yes Brighton are the better team, but we've already seen both Burnley and us snap out of the awful form, Leeds have really one final chance to do so this weekend. I think they get at least a point in Sunday.

Can't see Leeds getting another point, those red cards show exactly where they are at, over excited and reclass. They cant control themselves and have never been in this position, they are gone.

When you see what they have spent on the last 2 years, its really hard to see where that value is on the pitch, they are terrible.

I know a few Leeds lads, and they cant wait to be out of the prem, they hate it.

They had nearly all of their first team out.

They are relegated

They had half of their seats empty

They have the worst home record and on the worst home run in Europe

Frank Lampard seems happy with a point. Wow next season is going to be fun. With that kind of intellect I would be very surprised if we stay up next season. Delaying the inevitable.
Up until last week our away form was one of the worst in Europe too.

There is a reason we are where we are.

A win would have been very useful but it's another point towards survival. Only this season matters right now.

First team not to score against them since man utd on feb 26th.
Look at City stats from last night, 15 goal attempts 5 on target (5 goals)

Everton 15 goal attempts, 5 on target (0 goals).

I’m definitely not saying we are City standard, but the crucial difference (apart from everywhere on the pitch) is the conversion of “on target” to “goal”.

We should’ve won last night, by a mile. Rue the missed opportunity, but another 2-3 points should see us safe.

First team not to score against them since man united on 26th febuary.

But we are 37 goals from 35 games so it says things about us.

I went to the match last night and whilst disappointed we did not get 3 points we also gained another point over our relegation rivals.
I felt we were physically and mentally tired after 2 heroic performances against Chelsea and Leicester…even the supporters lacked that manic “edge” albeit it was tremendous support once again.
We are relying on players who have proven they are not good enough over many seasons but hopefully they will get us over the line. Demarai Gray provided the perfect cameo of his career to date…consistently inconsistent and seemed to be playing for himself not the team.
I thought Lampard should have changed things earlier and brought DCL or Rondon on sooner to provide a focal point and release Richarlison to find more space wide.
Whilst Watford had a weakened team out their supporters we spoke to felt they had 11 players who were at least trying which has not been the case in many of their games.Perversely,we might have been better playing their more established team who have relegated them.
Our home form is ok and we will know what we have to do on Sunday and I am sure the fans will create the atmosphere to give us the intensity on the pitch to get the necessary points…I don’t care how we do it I just want this season over with us safe and then the recriminations and clear out can start in earnest.

They had nearly all of their first team out.

They are relegated

They had half of their seats empty

They have the worst home record and on the worst home run in Europe

Frank Lampard seems happy with a point. Wow next season is going to be fun. With that kind of intellect I would be very surprised if we stay up next season. Delaying the inevitable.
Our away form is garbage, we’ve won 2 games all season (3 counting cup games)

Any point is a good point to keep us above water

Next season will see a big difference in personnel, it’s too early to say how we do

Status
Not open for further replies.