Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

With Leeds losing that is a good point. Disappointing that we did not win but we are a struggling team not high flyers so a point away is OK. I think one more point from the last three games will be enough
Knew we'd struggle tonight, so not too deflated. Again, im pretty confident we will be fine. Tonight has to be a wake up call that it ain't over yet. Whatever you do , just stay away from the relegation thread ?it will make your head fall off

Forget all this bollox bout 2 points ahead a game in hand and Leeds/Burnley have got to this and that, this cowardly result has put us right back in the brown stuff, Palace/Brentford ain't no mugs !!!

so if burnley lose to tottenham we need a win still?

you know what burnley could go they’re and win

this is crippling me this

it’s the not knowing

…even if Burnley get beat, I still think we need 4 points from our next two games to be safe from them & Leeds going into the last game.

Based on what we’ve just witnessed? Quite possibly
We’ve been dreadful away, so let’s not get carried away by Leicester although on paper yes we should have won today and it’s a missed opportunity.

However, and it’s a big however, we now have two home games in a row where we’re strong. Leeds are in disarray and Burnley have a strong Spurs.

Well, a reminder - if one was needed - that we're just not very good. Quite toothless and lacking ideas. Fine when we're under siege against one of the top dogs, but when we have to take the game to a "lesser" team we just don't know where to start. That said, I'd almost always be happy with 4 pts from any 2 away games, but hard to feel very positive after that. On to Sunday, then.
No one looked like they had the bottle to miss tonight. Richie stopped a couple of times when in a decent position and very few decent balls played in. I sat with their fans and they had zero expectation and couldn't believe we didn't get at them.

Take a point but....

Status
Not open for further replies.