Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....that was awful. I think now that I've learnt not to make stupid predictions about what this Everton team might do. The under 2.5 goals about earlier was a good shout. I admit to getting everything totally wrong. And not for the first time concerning Everton. Watford are awful. And we couldn't beat them. Thank God that we managed those last two wins. A third for this bunch was just a bridge too far.
We are still in a half decent position to stay up. But we are back to hoping that other teams do us a wee favour. Spurs to beat Burnley. And Brighton to get a result against Leeds. And of course we beat Brentford. It's all in our own hands. But please , no more rubbish like tonight.
Lampard needs to take some blame for tonight. What is the problem with him and making a few substitutions. Gray and Gordon at present are not doing it. Rondon and Ali should have been brought on.Imo...
Anyhow.......Just taking a wee positive from this. We get a point. And we keep a clean sheet. And we could be safe if results go our way and we beat Brentford at the weekend. Better looking now than what it was after the Burnley defeat.
Ok......ramble now over. Last point.......We need better than this for next season. Our defence gets criticised , and rightly so. But we need goalscorers. Not rocket science. Gray and Gordon need to sharpen up on the goalscoring front for next season. And we need a presence in midfield.
So let's hope that Lampard is not as slow at realising all this , as he is in making substitutions. Lamp
I think that we will be safe. But all this has to change for next season. We can't be going again with this bunch. We need better. Up The Toffees.
Results go for us, Leeds lose we only need a draw against brentford and Leeds play before us.

Palace and Brentford are more than capable of beating us and both have done this season, Leeds play Brighton and Brentford and will be capable of beating both of them, we`ve got to think like they will so we still need 5 points to get safety.....

Massive massive missed opportunity, the stress goes on, this bunch of bottlers will take it to the final day of the season.

Embarassing all these negative 1sts we get this season, 1st team not to score at Watford yet everyone bangs on about how good Richy, Gordon and DCL are. All absolutely over rated, couldnt care less if they all went, good players dont get you in this position!!!!
Really don't see Leeds beating Brighton or Brentford

not a terrible result...not sure about the performance though, it sounded terrible . Of course I did not watch it , since watching Everton makes my eyes bleed.

We always had to get some points from Palace and Brentford at home. That hasn’t changed at all.

Yeah if we lose all three remaining games we’ll be in trouble, that’s not news to anyone but what’s the point in panicking about it or making out like it’s the most likely scenario? Look at our home form.

Always said these games are crucial. 3 points tonight kills Leeds for good. Now they've got a lifeline at home against Brighton. This then puts more pressure for us to get a result against Brentford.

To me it could've been over tonight. Even losing it would've put us in the same position pretty much

Status
Not open for further replies.