Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually dont see Burnley getting another point in their last 3 games. We have the better run in, 2 clear on points and 2 home games. Coyb!!!

If Leeds dont win any of their games we dont need to doa nything to be safe mate. Just not lose 3 games 10-0.

Leeds are the one is mortal danger. 0 wins and Burnley get a point somewhere they are gone.
I was thinking more of getting it done before the final day.

We are terrible hadn’t won away for ages then got 4 points in two away inside a week. I no we all wanted better. We have home games coming up it’s not also like Leeds and Burnley are guaranteed to win there remaining games. We could be going in to the Brentford game knowing a point keeps us up on Sunday. We are disappointed but a point is better then nothing .

A win tonight would have virtually been enough. Against a team many, many times weaker than the two we have to play at home.
Leeds still have to play Brentford. We beat 1 of them. We are in this position cos we crap, 2 wins doesn’t change that. We still got Keane and Coleman and no midfield

Always said these games are crucial. 3 points tonight kills Leeds for good. Now they've got a lifeline at home against Brighton. This then puts more pressure for us to get a result against Brentford.

To me it could've been over tonight. Even losing it would've put us in the same position pretty much

I always thought we had to win one of the home games. Until the Chelsea win I thought we’d have to win both. If we’re so poor that we lose all the last three games then we deserve to be in trouble again.

At the end of the season that point could be crucial, like the one v Leicester at home.

Admittedly that was a pretty inept performance against a poor team, but at least it’s reminded Lampard that just because we’ve had a couple of decent results it doesn’t mean he’s suddenly got a top half side who have just been badly managed. Also reminds him that he needs to find ways to attack teams and break them down without leaving us too open at the back.

This. Fans won’t have it though, as soon as the wins stop the knives are out.

We’re not in the bottom 5 because we’ve got good players, good mentality, consistency. We’ve got none of those things. 7 points from Chelsea Leicester Watford is about 6 more than most predicted.

Weren’t loads whining for weeks that we’d get battered by Watford away?

I’m amazed we’ve just beat Chelsea at home, Leicester away, and now drawn to Watford away. That’s 7 out of 9 points. The way we were playing I never thought it possible.

If Everton win 1 of our last 3,

And Leeds lose 1 of their last 2,

Then we stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.