Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we could. But it would be highly unlikely given our home form. We have been beating sides far better than Palace/Brentford for fun.
We haven't beaten anyone for fun for months now. If you re-played the United, Leicester and Chelsea games another ten times we'd probably lose most of them. The Newcastle game was another miracle given how we played and the red card.

If we beat Brentford it'll be another nail biter. We are where we are because the team's crap and nothings a given. Granted same can be said for Leeds and Burnley, but equally they can string a few results together too.

We haven't beaten anyone for fun for months now. If you re-played the United and Chelsea games another ten times we'd probably lose most of them. The Newcastle game was another miracle given how we played and the red card.

If we beat Brentford it'll be another nail biter. We are where we are because the team's crap and nothings a given. Granted same can be said for Leeds and Burnley, but equally they can sting a few results together too.

We have been winning those games. Yes it's been tight, but theyve been wins. I expect us to win at least 1 more. Brentford/Palace are pretty handy fixtures, and definitely have 4-6 points written all over them.

I know strange things can happen at this point in the season in a relegation battle but i really cannot see this Leeds team beating a very organised Potter team and likewise a Mike Jackson team beating a Conte team tbh.

Hopefully we can put this relegation thread behind us on Sunday and breathe a massive sigh of relief.

Remember that as founding members of the Premier League, we have a veto against getting relegated if we choose to exercise it.

Obviously these things get forgotten about because it would be seen as poor sportsmanship to use our veto, but given the amount of money on offer in the Prem these days, I’d hope we’re unscrupulous enough to exercise our veto and stay in the league even if we were to be relegated on sporting merit.

I think the good thing with our recent resurgent is that we now have the safety net of Burnley and Leeds…one of them might pull out some mad results over the next 2/3 games but for both of them to do so (and us dropping off) would be unexpected.

Since Lampard has come in, we have defeated Chelsea and United at home who are much better than Palace. We also deserved a draw v City. Hammered Brentford and Leeds too.

What happened before Lampard is irrelevant as I clearly stated "since Lampard". Objectively, you would fancy us to win against Palace at home. In all honesty far more so than even Watford away, as the away form has been woeful.
we hammered a second-string Brentford, in the cup, when they were in an awful run of form. I am also talking strictly about our league form and, frankly, Brentford are not better than Brentford anyway.

As you did state 'since Lampard', then like I said we have beaten Chelsea and United, deservedly but hardly 'for fun', who are better than either Palace or Brentford, at home.

We drew with Leicester, who are below both of those sides, and lost to Wolves and Man City (unfairly so in the latter's case). But your statement was nonsense so I called it out.

I like you a lot mate so I'm not meaning to be a prat, but I'll call a spade a spade.

I also fully agree that I think we have enough to get the 4 points we would definitely need to guarantee safety from those two games. But a win tonight would have made that 2 points needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.