Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton have just annihilated United 5-0 though. They are playing really well. I haven't followed Palace enough, have their wins been against top 5/6 teams?

I'd rather play Palace than Brighton currently.

And of course it's not inconceivable. It's not inconceivable Leeds and Burnley win every game and we lose every game. On the balance of probabilities, Leeds look shot. I said a while back, theyd lose the 3 games they did, and its borne out. I dont see them winning another game, barring a freak incident (like the jammy red card at Wolves).

Tonight's result is underwhelming, but we didnt lose, kept another clean sheet etc. I expect us to probably win both games at home, and we will not be easy to play against on the final day for Arsenal either.
My only issue with that is they go into the game knowing they need to win. it can go one of two ways, but I wouldn’t write them off not beating brighton

Missed opportunity given Watford's lineup.

However by kickoff on Sunday, we may need just a point if Leeds lose and we don't concede 20 goals in the last 2 games.

Just get over the line as quick as we can then start the process of transfers and next season ASAP.

People are writing off the Palace game as a certain defeat because we recently got hammered 4-0 by Palace, but if Goodison is bouncing and we fans get behind our players from the first whistle to the last whistle then anything is possible. Just look at that Chelsea result from last weekend.

I agree that the Arsenal game away is a write-off, but we could cause an upset against Palace.

Either way Sunday against Brentford is the biggest match in our club’s history, without question.

Brighton have just annihilated United 5-0 though. They are playing really well. I haven't followed Palace enough, have their wins been against top 5/6 teams?

I'd rather play Palace than Brighton currently.

And of course it's not inconceivable. It's not inconceivable Leeds and Burnley win every game and we lose every game. On the balance of probabilities, Leeds look shot. I said a while back, theyd lose the 3 games they did, and its borne out. I dont see them winning another game, barring a freak incident (like the jammy red card at Wolves).

Tonight's result is underwhelming, but we didnt lose, kept another clean sheet etc. I expect us to probably win both games at home, and we will not be easy to play against on the final day for Arsenal either.
Fair enough mate. I wish I had your confidence!

Brentford and Palace are both good teams. Palace in particular have the kind of forward players that give our creaking defenders nightmares. If we can’t find a way to beat Brentford (and our distinct lack of adventure tonight gives me concerns) then I think we’re in a real mess.

Overall massively frustrated because tonight we could have been on the cusp of being safe (realistically if not mathematically) and instead we’re heading for another very nervous weekend. We’ll all be very happy if your latest predictions come true, though!!

My only issue with that is they go into the game knowing they need to win. it can go one of two ways, but I wouldn’t write them off not beating brighton

Of course you cant write them off. I wouldnt write off us winning at Arsenal, but it feels unlikely.

With Chelsea's form, that felt Leeds most winnable game. And they got bladdered.

The odds are definitely in our favour (two points, two home games and a game in hand over Leeds). We'd all rather be in our position. The trouble is, from 18th in the table to 9th there isn't really a huge gulf in quality between teams. It wasn't long ago that Newcastle were down and out and Brentford could be sucked in.

Sorry if I'm going a bit "alternative league table" but the likes of Palace have won just as many games as we have this season (10). Brighton just the one more. Similar with the other relation team opponents. I think these Brighton, Brentford, Palace, Villa and Newcastle games are coin tosses.

Fair enough mate. I wish I had your confidence!

Brentford and Palace are both good teams. Palace in particular have the kind of forward players that give our creaking defenders nightmares. If we can’t find a way to beat Brentford (and our distinct lack of adventure tonight gives me concerns) then I think we’re in a real mess.

Overall massively frustrated because tonight we could have been on the cusp of being safe (realistically if not mathematically) and instead we’re heading for another very nervous weekend. We’ll all be very happy if your latest predictions come true, though!!

Yes we missed a chance tonight, but the points all count.

Palace are ok, but likely on the beach now. Brentford got trollied by us when we were playing a lot worse. I think the fans get us a win in at least 1 of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.