Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are back in the mire. Much as I prefer to have the points on the board and there is no doubt we are in the best position of the three teams battling it out but anything can happen. I think today showed us that.
People on here giving pronouncements about whether we will stay up or not simply do not know. None of us do. What I do know is that this season has been on the cards for some years now, the club has been allowed to go into decline with no one in charge having the attitude or the acumen to do anything about it.
I think we will be unlucky if we go down this season, it would take an unlikely set of results to relegate us, however if we don't completely overhaul the club, starting with showing Kenwright the door, we will be relegated next year.

If we get a point against Palace (our only hope from this game IMO) and Burnley get beat by Villa or just draw then next Sunday both Leeds and Burnley have to win. Unlikely but not impossible.

Same scenario if we get beat against Palace and Burnley are beaten by Villa.

It's out of our hands now IMO, despite having another Goodison home game to get clear.

If we get a point against Palace (our only hope from this game IMO) and Burnley get beat by Villa or just draw then next Sunday both Leeds and Burnley have to win. Unlikely but not impossible.

It's out of our hands now IMO, despite having another Goodison home game to get clear.
I have more confidence of beating Palace than Brentford.

We have to bounce back, but it's doable ffs.

We were absolutely in full control today until Branthwaite got sent off. And I think Brentford are just about the same level as Palace.

A draw doesn't do much for us now. Have to go out for the win against palace. If we lose we lose just have to hope Brentford do us a favour. The way things are panning out I think we're in real trouble again. Messed up big time.

Anybody who insisted we were safe, though - this is on you.

The utter complacency has been ridiculous.

That's not to say everyone has to be negative. You can be positive. But some of the comments I've seen post-Watford were delusional.

We now have a very simple task, anyway. Beat Crystal Palace at home. Do that, we're a PL team for certain. Fail, and we are relying on others on the final day.

Those saying it’s out of our hands - what are you on about..

We have to beat palace to stay in the league. It’s more than doable at all goodison and all energies should be on that.

One missed opportunity today, but we have another one…and then we have another one on the final day as another backup…including us at Arsenal / Brentford to not lose v Leeds and Burnley to not win either of the next two.

Leeds are in last chance saloon but we still have hope before we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.