Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Ferguson (muscle/match fitness) and Michael Olise (calf) won’t feature again this season, while it remains to be seen if James McArthur recovers from the unspecified issue that forced him to sit out Sunday’s match at Villa Park.

Vicente Guaita was fit enough for a place among the substitutes against Villa

We'll need to be at our best to win.

Hopefully DCL will get some impetus from that goal he claimed on Sunday and get on the scoresheet alongside Richarlison.

If we can see that and get the type of defensive display we saw against Chelsea then just maybe we get safe on Thursday.

I think it's odds on now we go to the final day though.

If we do, we need to see Burnley requiring a win as well as Leeds. We'll get nothing at Arsenal but I'd be reasonably confident both Leeds and Burnley wont get wins from their games.

Ordinarily I'd agree. However, the crisis at CB will be tough to overcome.

We'll need to see both our strikers on the scoresheet and the rub of the green to get all 3 points against a dangerous team like Palace.

Keane will be back by Thursday surely?

Yes, looks that way. But him and Holgate are not a pairing I'd like to see...and if one gets injured we are knackered.

Mina is our best CB but is so rarely available we can’t really complain about his absence. Keane has his limitations but he is probably the best of the 3 in the fairly low block that we will be playing. As long as neither gets injured they are good enough for Thursday

Mina is our best CB but is so rarely available we can’t really complain about his absence. Keane has his limitations but he is probably the best of the 3 in the fairly low block that we will be playing. As long as neither gets injured they are good enough for Thursday

Getting Allan on the pitch will be just as important.

Take 12 valium . Wake up Monday.
And if we ARE relegated when @matty1878 wakes up, we must treat him like the mother in Goodbye Lenin by reminding him that Howard Kendall is still our manager, Neville Southall is in our goal, and Philip Carter is still on the board.

Actually, scratch that. He'll think it's the 90s and have a conniption.

Status
Not open for further replies.