Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The back four will need to shape up, whoever FL plays...
Think he may revert to a back 5 again with Myko and Iwobi as wing backs and Coleman as the rcb. He’s had some success with that system against teams that don’t sit back, and palace definitely won’t. My guess with who’s probably available would be something like this…

———————Pickford————————
——Coleman——Keane——Holgate——
Iwobi——————————————Myko
———————Allan—Doucs———————
Gray——————————————Gordon
—————————Rich—————————

Think he may revert to a back 5 again with Myko and Iwobi as wing backs and Coleman as the rcb. He’s had some success with that system against teams that don’t sit back, and palace definitely won’t. My guess with who’s probably available would be something like this…

———————Pickford————————
——Coleman——Keane——Holgate——
Iwobi——————————————Myko
———————Allan—Doucs———————
Gray——————————————Gordon
—————————Rich—————————
Can’t see Gray starting he’s been awful the last month or so. I’d even be tempted to play Alli off Richarlison. We need better decision making in the final third. Alli can provide that.

It's time for a genuine reality check..........For us to get a win against Palace or Arsenal at this time seems unlikely !!. It could well be our future will be decided by others , namely Burnley & Leeds also losing, allowing us to stay up. Supporters deserve better than this from players and management. !!

I was hoping Godfrey wound be fit at the very least. So Colman will have to play alongside Holgate and Lampard will probably have to change the system to a 4-3-3.
We could do with Godfreys pace against Zaha. Coleman worries me at centre back.

I wonder could Doucore do a job at centre back.

Do You know what's occurred to me in the lead up to this game?

We got flogged by Crystal Palace in the FA Cup, and they got beaten by Chelsea in the semi's. We beat Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.

What could've been possible had we got our head right?

Terrified about this game. More chance to lose this then win.

We couldn't beat Burnley away
We couldn't beat Watford
Battered by Brentford
Cp is not looking good.

No red card, we would of destroyed Brentford. We had one CB and Frank refused to pack midfield.
Aye. We were dominating until that point. At that point, a slapdash defence and a weak midfield meant there was little chance of surviving so long.

Potentially, we’ll have a stronger XI out against Palace with Keane back. A win will push us to safety and some sleep.

Can’t see Gray starting he’s been awful the last month or so. I’d even be tempted to play Alli off Richarlison. We need better decision making in the final third. Alli can provide that.
This has also been the problem with Gordon, who looks like he has ran out of steam and is producing nothing either from set pieces goals or creating anything

This has also been the problem with Gordon, who looks like he has ran out of steam and is producing nothing either from set pieces goals or creating anything
Relying on a young lad who is exhausted nor close to the finished article sums up the position we’re in now and in wider terms. He needs a rest.

But, we can’t afford to give him a rest, and we now have two fixtures in four days. Look at the RS last night with their rotation - it’s sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.