Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably our most dangerous player apart from Richarlison, Grays out of form. I cant remember which game it was he was dropped for, think it mightve been wolves or villa under ferguson, we didnt create anything all game until he came on
lampard will start gordon anyway, just maybe needs to be a bit more tactical with some of his sprints

I think he will continue with a back 5, 2 in midfield and 3 upfront, which becomes a 541 without the ball, he will probably put Keane back in for Branthwaite and have Godrey on the bench as he had missed so much of the season. Hopefully Alan and Doucoure in the middle with Richarlison DCL and Gordon up front. All my hope are pinned on 3 points here, if we go into the final day needing a result at Arsenal I won’t be able to take it.
This is how I imagine it

I am not claiming to be an ITK, but i have just had a genuine tip from Finch Farm about the defence we are putting out tomorrow

1652884063107.png
1652884063107.png

I mean I'd love it to be right but what is this based on? :D

Also Dobbin hasn't been in a squad for three months so, again, doubt that's happening
Gray has made some good chances to gets shots away, and not too far off with some. Just in the bones he'll find the strike needed.
He's picked up his work rate massively through the season, just got refind that sprite and spite for a goal.
On Dobbin, can you imagine the young lad coming out of nowhere to score in last 10mins! Why not, the rest are mentally and physically exhausted.

Very poor XI, but for me has to be this and hoping that Palace either have an off day or can't be arsed with the game and don't put in maximum effort.
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Iwobi Doucoure Allan
Gordon Lewin Richarlison
I am hoping whoever it is that starts out of Gordon/Gray that they are not left on the field far too long where they become a passenger. One half of football is about the maximum we can get out of them.

Based on Lampard's presser this would be my XI..

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi
--- Doucoure ---- VdB

- Gordon --------------- Richarlison
DCL

That third CM spot is actually a bit tricky to make a call on now given Donny's apparent availability. When fit he's a better option than Gomes, but my concern is in a game where we're likely to have less of the ball (certainly in midfield) do you go for Donny for his ability on the ball (and counter-attacking) or do we go for Allan who's more defensively solid? For now I've opted for Donny but it really all depends on fitness levels. Gordon & Gray I reckon can be interchangeable at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.