Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no Olise or McArthur which is a shame, Tomkins and Ferguson also out (standard). We started with a back three at Villa but expect we might see this tomorrow:

Butland

Clyne
Guehi
Andersen
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher
Eze

Zaha
Mateta
Ayew

Possible variations are Hughes for Kouyate, Schlupp for Ayew and Edouard for either Ayew or Mateta depending how PV sees it. Got some decent options right now tbf so line-ups are hard to call.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jesurun Rak-Sakyi get on at some point either, just won PL2 player of the season and another talented winger out of the academy.
This is 100% correct. PS - Don't want to see you lot go down, but damn your back line is a mess.

Pickford
Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Lenko
Iwobi, VDB, Allan
Gordon, DCL, Richy

I'd play VDB over Doucs as I just don't see Doucs playing any kind of passes that could potentially lead to a goal. Iwobi and Allan to provide a modicum of energy.

As for the game…we’re not on the beach yet, we still have the possibility to finish in the top half and more importantly, if we win we move above Brighton again which is big for the club. That said, I expect the atmosphere will be white hot and Goodison under the lights is very similar to Selhurst in being a really intimidating place to play football. A lot will depend on how you start the game and for me will be won and lost by which one turns up out of Wilf and Richarlison.

Think you’ll edge it 2-1 with a late goal from us creating considerable jitters around the stadium, but with what’s at stake I think you’ll just about edge it.

Rarely do a line up but desperate times......

Pickford

Iwobi. Holgate. Keane. Coleman. Mykolenko

. Allan. Doucoure

. Alli

. DCL. Richi

Players know the system now. Gives flexibility 343 in attack, 532 in defence.

Best I got.....

Yeah, no Olise or McArthur which is a shame, Tomkins and Ferguson also out (standard). We started with a back three at Villa but expect we might see this tomorrow:

Butland

Clyne
Guehi
Andersen
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher
Eze

Zaha
Mateta
Ayew

Possible variations are Hughes for Kouyate, Schlupp for Ayew and Edouard for either Ayew or Mateta depending how PV sees it. Got some decent options right now tbf so line-ups are hard to call.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jesurun Rak-Sakyi get on at some point either, just won PL2 player of the season and another talented winger out of the academy.
we made mateta look like prime pele and ayew look like prime maradonna the last time we played you

Whatever happens, can't wait for this season of misery to end.

Roll on the Summer, cricket and pints of cider.

:cheers:

Yeah not many wins? I mean 3-1 defeat this season under FSW, 4-0 defeat in the cup, a boring 0-0 in one of the Silva seasons and also a 2-2 draw when Unsworth was filling in after Koeman got sacked.

That's some of the games since 2017. Compare that to Leicester with a win this season and last behind closed doors (although I struggled to remember many results without crowds).

Palace are a tricky team to play home or away. Really really need the first goal v them on Thursday.
They hadn't beat us there in like 30+ years or something ridiculous before the 3-1.

Flapped it mate.

Butland

Clyne
Guehi
Andersen
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher
Eze

Zaha
Mateta
Ayew

Any chance Pat will give wilf or Gallagher a rest. Surely he will want them lads fresh and firing for your last game at home to manure? Wishful thinking, yea?

If Godfrey is deemed to be match fit and Lampard wants to play 3 at the back, I’d play him instead of Coleman. Adds some extra pace and athleticism to deal with their forward line.

Very poor XI, but for me has to be this and hoping that Palace either have an off day or can't be arsed with the game and don't put in maximum effort.
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Iwobi Doucoure Allan
Gordon Lewin Richarlison
I am hoping whoever it is that starts out of Gordon/Gray that they are not left on the field far too long where they become a passenger. One half of football is about the maximum we can get out of them.
You do know that Brentford, who we were going to absolutely smash with 11 men that included Branthwaite and Keane, are now above Palace, right?

I'm not saying I expect to win, but... it's Crystal Palace (no offence @Alan Whittle )

They've got some really good players but if we're disciplined and take our chances we have every opportunity of beating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.