2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Frank, I want him to do well here and we should all back him to the maximum we can but I have one niggling issue, he's too honest. The greatest managers have the steely aura around them that they are going to win football matches, throughout this battle the message is we'll try hard but not with that conviction that brings real success.

Maybe he grows into that when we get a decent set of his players on the pitch but I would think he would have to have it already by now. I suppose Moyes is another similar type where the players deep down know that they are hoping for a result more than 'we got this lads' and where we are now 4/5 years of that type stability wouldn't be a bad thing. I just don't see him becoming a trophy winning manager...I of course hope to be vaulted all over the shop.

Even if it ends up in disaster next season and he’s binned I’ll always thank him for uniting the fan base as we stayed up.
It’s important, if not vital, that we retain the unity, the passion and the pride. Goodison can be sterile and hostile or it can suck the ball into the net.

Everton feels rekindled, so I hope it’s not a short term thing that’s lost come the first day of the season.

It’s important, if not vital, that we retain the unity, the passion and the pride. Goodison can be sterile and hostile or it can suck the ball into the net.

Everton feels rekindled, so I hope it’s not a short term thing that’s lost come the first day of the season.

I hope we can keep up with the flares and all the pre-match stuff from the last few months. It’s a big ask but it can become our identity.

Was speaking to my cousin earlier, fella in his tennis club is a physio at Everton.

He was very candid regarding fats malone.

Said he was playing players when injured cos he had fell out with loads, said he fell out with Richarlison and thats the main reason he was sacked.

And no, I dont expect people to believe me, I wouldnt.

This is shocking to say the least.

Sabotage of EFC, no manager should ever put himself before the good of the club.

He has made some mistakes tactically and with in game management, but with this squad of players I can see why he has.

A few things he’s got going for him is that he seems adaptable, has a decent team of coaches behind him and he looks to have every single member of that squad behind what he is trying to do and looks to have squeezed a bit more out of all of them in the run in - I would love to play for him, looking at what he’s won as a player.

The main thing for me is who frank is as a person and that he’s completely fell for the club, the fans and what it means - I haven’t seen one poor interview from him, he speaks really well, even when things haven’t gone our way and the incredible way he bigs up the club and the supporters is amazing - he’s 100% a Bluenose now.

I hope the club support him as I think he can take us where we belong.
Top post, your first line nails it. He knew from the minute he walked through the door relegation was a threat.

He has had to put points on the board with an unbalanced/poor squad whilst at the same time building confidence and motrale.

Under such circumstances, I think even the likes of Guardiola or others widely revered as being top managers would struggle.

Wanted this fella from all the names mentioned as I recalled his fist pumping way of uniting Derby.

I thought/hoped he'd do that here - he has, though most of it out of necessity from the fan base who recognised the absolute need to drag them through.

Whether he's the right manager - whether he's good enough to really progress Everton. I'm not sure. We'll see.

Wanted this fella from all the names mentioned as I recalled his fist pumping way of uniting Derby.

I thought/hoped he'd do that here - he has, though most of it out of necessity from the fan base who recognised the absolute need to drag them through.

Whether he's the right manager - whether he's good enough to really progress Everton. I'm not sure. We'll see.

You were one defeat away from asking us to sack him remember.

He has done more in the job in 14 weeks than any of his predecessors did since 2016. Leaving our struggles aside, he has somehow created a feelgood factor that hasn't been present since Martinez 2014.

Safety secured. Fans unified. Honesty, realism, positivity, hard work. That's not bad going in 3 1/2 months. He has settled here like he spent 10 years playing for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.