Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the ale tonight, and this season has left me a nub, a smooth, stunted nub, however, I really don't want us to sign any "names" this summer. I also will urinate blood if we sign anyone over the age of 26 unless we are paying them less than £50K a week. No more big name codgers on £80K+ a week contracts. If we can get an experienced centre half, a la Distin, on moderate wages, fine, otherwise let's concentrate on younger lids with something to prove. Cut our wage bill, cut our treatment room occupancy, build a team not a bunch of individuals doing their own thing.

I've been on the ale tonight, and this season has left me a nub, a smooth, stunted nub, however, I really don't want us to sign any "names" this summer. I also will urinate blood if we sign anyone over the age of 26 unless we are paying them less than £50K a week. No more big name codgers on £80K+ a week contracts. If we can get an experienced centre half, a la Distin, on moderate wages, fine, otherwise let's concentrate on younger lids with something to prove. Cut our wage bill, cut our treatment room occupancy, build a team not a bunch of individuals doing their own thing.
Definitely wouldn't object to a veteran CB or DM along with some younger signings. It's a worry that if Delph goes and possibly Allan and Mina there's a bit of a lack of experience and leadership among them, especially if Coleman plays less next season.

We could ignore players ages and sign good 1s, that would be what I would do.

I think Chelsea will let a lot of midfielders go in the summer

Loftus-Cheek
Gallagher
Barkley
Kante
Kante
Jorginho
Kovacic
Loftus-Cheek
Barkley
Mount
Havertz

Going to be an interesting summer for Chelsea. Havertz has been regularly playing as a centre forward...if they sign a 9 then who plays at 10 him or Mount or do they move wide?

With Ampadu, Gilmour and Gallagher returning they definitely seem to be overloaded in midfield.

Only 2 years left on his contract, could he be our new Defensive midfielfer?

Midfield is key I think. Keep Doucoure, Allan, iwobi (if we are classing him as a midfielder now) and Dele. The rest can go, Delph has been half decent this last month or so but let's not pretend that his legs won't fall off and he will take 3 months to put be put back togethe at some point next season. Gomes and gbamin have had their time, as has Davies for me. None have shown enough regularly enough. Move all 4 on and go after 2 starters, atleast one has to be an out and out DM brawler. Then see what we've got in the youth system to bring into the squad.

We cannot keep spunking money on players who don't improve the areas of the pitch we are weak. We've invested so much in the 4 above but defensively once you take doucoure and Allan out of it, it is a shocking midfield in terms of basic attributes like staying fit for selection and mobility. Barkley used to be the crab, what we have now are slugs. We've lined up with a midfield of Davies and Gomes, must be the slowest, least agile midfield in premier league history. It's OK if you dominate the ball but as soon as you lose it people just walk on through and it's goals galore.

Can we sign players without selling just asking like can't understand the rules, some of you clever lads can work out the rules for us please fellas

Midfield is key I think. Keep Doucoure, Allan, iwobi (if we are classing him as a midfielder now) and Dele. The rest can go, Delph has been half decent this last month or so but let's not pretend that his legs won't fall off and he will take 3 months to put be put back togethe at some point next season. Gomes and gbamin have had their time, as has Davies for me. None have shown enough regularly enough. Move all 4 on and go after 2 starters, atleast one has to be an out and out DM brawler. Then see what we've got in the youth system to bring into the squad.

We cannot keep spunking money on players who don't improve the areas of the pitch we are weak. We've invested so much in the 4 above but defensively once you take doucoure and Allan out of it, it is a shocking midfield in terms of basic attributes like staying fit for selection and mobility. Barkley used to be the crab, what we have now are slugs. We've lined up with a midfield of Davies and Gomes, must be the slowest, least agile midfield in premier league history. It's OK if you dominate the ball but as soon as you lose it people just walk on through and it's goals galore.

Allan is 31 and has a year on his deal.

Davies has been injured for 223 days so unlikely to have offers.

Delph has to be waved off as his contract expires

Gomes + Gbamin have to be sold for pennies.

I'd say we hold onto Dele, Iwobi, Doucoure, Davies and sign 2 new midfielders.

Can we sign players without selling just asking like can't understand the rules, some of you clever lads can work out the rules for us please fellas
Don’t think anyone knows for sure what the situation is with the league and financial fair play but given the financial position it’s more than likely we will be looking to at least break even on transfers this summer, maybe a slight net loss at most as a lot is coming off the wage bill.

It’s probably safe to assume at least one of DCL / Richy / Pickford will leave to fund things, if there are good offers maybe two or even all three. Then there is the Kean money likely to come in and there’s a reasonable budget for purchases, and we should also be looking at free agents and a couple of season long loans.

Togetherness is everything showed last quarter of season maybe couple of signings and maybe this won't happen again eh, Frank inserted that imo

Were within FFP rules.

We should be better off than last season with so many players having left / about to leave.

If we can tie those 3 down then great...if not then we have money to spend from their sales.

The defining area is going to be selling the deadwood....

Kean
Keane
Gomes
Gbamin
Allan
Gray

Etc etc...
Silly comment about Gray and totally contrary to comments you have made earlier!
Gray is a great player off the bench, which is what he was bought for!
Also on about 43k per week so where and who would we get for a replacement for nothing, on less wages with Grays quality?

Deadwood = Players who have outlived their usefulness and are unproductive.

Keane = Donkey
Gbamin = Major injury issues
Kean = Already one foot out the door
Gomes = Donkey
Allan = 1 year deal, high wages, not in team
Gray = Only effective on the counter.,

Same as Gray, looks good when he has a lot of space in front of him to run into.

How poor does Gray look when hes closed down? Nunez would need to play on the break.
To point out also, Allan is not in the team as I believe he requires surgery.

G’Bamin has had a totally injury free time in Russia

Keane won’t be sold, and good luck getting Gomes out with those wages.

At least one good point you have stopped the jizzfest over Billy Gilmore and Max Aaron’s

Status
Not open for further replies.