2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I watched the game again and believe that there has been a big over-reaction to Deli's performance.
Doucoure as has been mentioned was the real hero; far from perfect in his passing he just was everywhere.
Deli did play well and added a lot in the second-half but MOM? No way.

Deli still looks slowish to me and his selection causes more problems than solutions. He is a no 10 who is neither athletic enough nor fast enough to worry defenses. I hope Frank gets rid asap this summer.

Well, I watched the game again and believe that there has been a big over-reaction to Deli's performance.
Doucoure as has been mentioned was the real hero; far from perfect in his passing he just was everywhere.
Deli did play well and added a lot in the second-half but MOM? No way.

Deli still looks slowish to me and his selection causes more problems than solutions. He is a no 10 who is neither athletic enough nor fast enough to worry defenses. I hope Frank gets rid asap this summer.
Doucoure has a worse passing accuracy than anyone who plays Goalball

…look back at Thursday night and see how often Doucoure is behind the ball challenging, blocking and getting a toe in. What he did wasn’t the fancy stuff but it was very effective.

What people don't seem to get is that he's the only one who brings energy and physically to the center mid, remember those games with Gomes and Allan and Iceland in cm......

Is he perfect, obviously not, is he the one central mid we have that we should NOT be looking to replace - yup

I wonder what Southgate made of it, I wonder if Ali knew he was there?
Will take a lot more then 45 minutes but it's a start
Southgate is pretty small. I don't think even Bill knew he was there.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 09.04.33.png

I watched dele play in the north London derby earlier this season and he was the best player on the pitch. Maybe in a more relaxed environment next season he can be benefit to us.
There is definitely a good player there, and his snide is brilliant, Frank has turned Iwobi into someone who we never dreamed of, he can do the same with Ali I'm convinced

Been quietly observing Dele, bits of information, comments coming out of the club and observing him and of course watching him when he got his opportunity.

Im slowly coming to the conclusion that Dele is like Paul McGrath. Paul was a special talent, one of the best center backs in Europe in his day, Player of the year when no defender won player of the year, in between pushing Villa to almost winning the title, rocked his stuff at World Cups an abiding memory was a Roberto Baggio - best striker in the world at the time, just holding his hands out in exclamation saying "what can i do, this guy is to good" and made a beeline to Paul after Ireland beat Italy in the World Cup for his shirt.

Paul however was/is a vulnerable character, the nicest man you can meet and hes adored by so many, but he had/has very low self confidence, he found things others wouldn't stressful and coped with life by keeping his head down, minimising things and just trying to get along. Of course this is impossible when you are a high quality player playing in high profile world of football and some of the top clubs and high level international football. Paul compensated by drinking this give his self esteem a boost, build a support network and to emotionally numb himself to feeling overwhelmed, his drinking became problematic and he was on a collision course with Alex Ferguson who bombed him out of Utd.

That was it, he thought his career was over and was planning according, before Villa picked up the phone. Followed by his former manager Ron Atkinson, Atkinson knew Paul and managed him accordingly, he knew Paul needed a low profile, he knew Paul needed a special approach to training and to be handled differently to everyone else, he knew that Paul needed to feel most of all at home and loved. Villa were able to give him all of that and so were able to harness and empower the immense quality of one of the greatest center backs and make Alex Ferguson look like he made one of few bad moves in his career - against all the odds to be fair.

I see it very similar with Dele, when i look at the lads background and not to get into it to personally i see a lad who has thrived when he has felt, loved, supported, felt at home and belonged both in his personal life and under the management of Poch at Spurs. When that doesn't happen he falls of the map, similar with Paul. I also think when things arent good he finds other things - maybe not Pauls vise - but other distractions to help him over compensate & boost his confidence or give him distraction, numb pain and give an outlet, this again neglects his football. He is a player of absolute immense quality that much was evident only a number of days on Thurs. Dele needs special handling, he needs different handling to other players, just like Paul, he needs a bit of flexibility and he needs a bit of scope, hes a unique character and immense talent. He needs good man management, he needs to feel like hes loved and he belongs, he needs to feel supported, he needs minimum pressure and he needs to feel at home and par t of this club. Id give him all these things in reason and i think he will perform and contribute. He has it all there even the desire we just need to get it out of him.

Dele to my mind,like Paul is unique and we needs to be understanding and give him scope, hes a special guy, with a unique personality and we need to very patient with im and very flexible (within reason), if we can do that and if he feels supported, at home and loved here and not overwhelmed i honestly believe we have very high quality player on our hands here.

Status
Not open for further replies.