Salty Kopite Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't kill them to see anything, they are brain dead moral cesspits who would mostly turn tail and flee if they were anywhere near the depths we've been this season.

Case study: Video on FB of Thursday's team bus arriving with the blue smoke and then the party afterwards. No lies the comments were about 50% RS - but they're definitely not obsessed with us like.

One of them does a list of days since "X" won a trophy. Liverpool were 6 days, Everton were 9,500 something.

I put "This is a fun game. Here's another"
Liverpool: 13,000-something days
Everton: Never

No response, so either it's completely over his head - or, needless to say, I've had the last laugh
completely over his head mate...there were 5 digits in your number, his brain melted

Let's be honest, there is always a chance that some loon will take things too far in any crowd situation, but I have been struck by the orchestrated effort to conflate our pitch invasion with the Sheff U incident, when IMO they are not directly comparable in intent or effect.

Dion Dublin droning about "what ifs" came across as overly pious. I may be wrong, but it feels like there is a great deal of unspoken resentment towards our fans in particular for having the gall to celebrate. I am now reading allegations of threats to the Palace players and calls for investigations/punishment.

Does anyone really believe that Liverpool fans would not have invaded the pitch if results had gone their way yesterday? It might have raised an interesting conundrum for the pundits, but now I'm getting into "what ifs"

Let's be honest, there is always a chance that some loon will take things too far in any crowd situation, but I have been struck by the orchestrated effort to conflate our pitch invasion with the Sheff U incident, when IMO they are not directly comparable in intent or effect.

Dion Dublin droning about "what ifs" came across as overly pious. I may be wrong, but it feels like there is a great deal of unspoken resentment towards our fans in particular for having the gall to celebrate. I am now reading allegations of threats to the Palace players and calls for investigations/punishment.

Does anyone really believe that Liverpool fans would not have invaded the pitch if results had gone their way yesterday? It might have raised an interesting conundrum for the pundits, but now I'm getting into "what ifs"

They all wanted us to go down, they were all saying it in the media and now heads are rolling because we stayed up

I think there is push to stop pitch invasions. Like you said it’s been part and parcel of end of seasons for as long as I can remember. But sky have been droning on like they have never seen them before.
Prob effects their scheduling.
In all fairness, once players and managers are hassled and worse then it's understandable. Sometimes the blue-tinted specs should be removed because, like the media are saying since the Billy Sharp incident, it's only a matter of time before something unimaginable happens.

I think there is push to stop pitch invasions. Like you said it’s been part and parcel of end of seasons for as long as I can remember. But sky have been droning on like they have never seen them before.
Prob effects their scheduling.
Didn't take them long to forget the "football is nothing without fans". It belongs to us, the fans, not Sky, not BT, not the Premier League, the officials or even the players. That season without fans showed how sad and sterile the game is without us. And on pitch invasions, it's not the invasion that's a problem, it's how they behave when they're there. Last Thursday night at Goodison was an experience that'll live with me forever, beautiful.

Everyone I've spoken to since before Thursday has said they didn't want Everton to get relegated because the Premier League wouldn't be the same without such a great club - part of the furniture of the top tier if you like. That includes the Palace fan I who delivered to me on Thursday afternoon. Although, to be fair, he did want Palace to beat us. Like me though, he thought we probably would survive anyway.

That's the difference when not living in an area polluted with rs.

They expected the quad and Everton’s relegation. Why shouldn’t they, they live in a world where they have 24/7 media coverage telling them they are the greatest team in history with the greatest manager, the best players ever in every position, the best stadium, and the best fans. They’ve also watched a number of years now where almost every bounce of every ball has gone their way and when it hasn’t a referee has been around to sort it anyway. There’s kids who have grown up who have never seen them lose a game at Anfield (and very rarely draw).

They just thought everything was going their way. Our relegation, the title, the immortals, the quadruple.

What’s annoying them most is that it actually was but then two teams stood up to show them that the league isn’t just themselves and 19 other non entities. They don’t have sole ownership on passionate fanbases (nowhere near it), and they’re not the only team who can mount a miraculous comeback. As soon as even 1% media attention has been dragged from them to Everton and City they’ve thrown their toys out the pram.

Truly embarrassing media coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.