PL Fixtures announcement 2022/23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could have some of what you're on.

Lei A - Draw 1-1 - We go 1-0 up after three minutes, dream start, but a slip by Keane on 20 gifts equaliser to Dewsbury Hall who never scores again. We cling on for a point after a 2nd half shellacking.
Pal H - Win 2-1 - An inversion of THAT game. 2-0 up and coasting at HT with goals from Demarai Gray and Brennan Johnson. Palace boss the 2nd half, Ayew pulls one back but we cling on again.
Wol A - Lose 2-0 - Jimenez and Hwang reserve their best for us. We have 27% possession and one weak header on target.
Spurs H - Lose 3-0 - Perisic destroys us and nets his first and only hat-trick for Spurs. Lampard out banners unfurl.
AFCB A - Draw 0-0 - Utter cack, a rerun of Watford away. We play like the home team, but just can't get it in the net. Too scared to take many risks
Forest H - Win 1-0 - Forest play out of their skins, but Pickford pulls off three amazing saves before Johnson nets the winner against his old club just past the hour mark. Still many questions.

Lei A - Draw 1-1 - We go 1-0 up after three minutes, dream start, but a slip by Keane on 20 gifts equaliser to Dewsbury Hall who never scores again. We cling on for a point after a 2nd half shellacking.
Pal H - Win 2-1 - An inversion of THAT game. 2-0 up and coasting at HT with goals from Demarai Gray and Brennan Johnson. Palace boss the 2nd half, Ayew pulls one back but we cling on again.
Wol A - Lose 2-0 - Jimenez and Hwang reserve their best for us. We have 27% possession and one weak header on target.
Spurs H - Lose 3-0 - Perisic destroys us and nets his first and only hat-trick for Spurs. Lampard out banners unfurl.
AFCB A - Draw 0-0 - Utter cack, a rerun of Watford away. We play like the home team, but just can't get it in the net. Too scared to take many risks
Forest H - Win 1-0 - Forest play out of their skins, but Pickford pulls off three amazing saves before Johnson nets the winner against his old club just past the hour mark. Still many questions.
Thank you very much my little ray of sunshine lol lol lol lol lol

That Leicester match report is gold

Tell the truth,as soon as they are out the first thing you'll check is the last three games.

Don't care about the schedule, but seeing as we'll have about 2 players going off to the world cup (as things stand currently) - hope we play a bunch of friendlies in the 'downtime', as it will probably be the same downtime in a lot of other countries.

I think “rest” means they’ll probably jet off to somewhere like California, Asia or Australia and have some warm weather training and friendlies, the players will be very happy with hat, I’d imagine!
I only briefly looked at a calendar, but it appears that the break is six and a bit weeks in total. I'd be surprised if they didn't get at least two weeks off.

It'll then likely be a camp somewhere warm followed by a light friendly here and there to get the squad back up to match fitness before the restart.

For clubs like ourselves without a larger number of XI players going to the WC, it could be a great break. For clubs with a high %, it's going to be a gruelling season.

The season has finished late with congested fixtures, many players have had COVID, there's current internationals and the season then starts again even earlier.

Apart from a few weeks before pre-season, some clubs may potentially have most players having to play for close to a year straight, so suspect lots of injuries.

I only briefly looked at a calendar, but it appears that the break is six and a bit weeks in total. I'd be surprised if they didn't get at least two weeks off.

It'll then likely be a camp somewhere warm followed by a light friendly here and there to get the squad back up to match fitness before the restart.

For clubs like ourselves without a larger number of XI players going to the WC, it could be a great break. For clubs with a high %, it's going to be a gruelling season.

The season has finished late with congested fixtures, many players have had COVID, there's current internationals and the season then starts again even earlier.

Apart from a few weeks before pre-season, some clubs may potentially have most players having to play for close to a year straight, so suspect lots of injuries.
Think this season could benefit the lesser teams and maybe there might be a surprise or two in the CL and European places come May.

View attachment 168708

Next season to begin on 6 August and will be adjusted to accommodate FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022​

Related Articles
Premier League club summer 2022 friendly fixtures
Summer 2022 Transfers & News
Premier League kits revealed for 2022/23

The Premier League 2022/23 season dates have been confirmed.

The season has been adjusted to accommodate the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, which will take place in the middle of the domestic calendar.

The Premier League season will start on 6 August 2022.

Match round 16 will be the last set of matches played over the weekend of 12-13 November ahead of the call-up period for the tournament beginning on Monday 14 November.

The League will resume on Boxing Day following the FIFA World Cup Final, which takes place on Sunday 18 December 2022.

The final match round of the campaign will be played on 28 May 2023, when all games will kick off simultaneously as usual.

The Premier League fixture schedule for Season 2022/23 will be released on Thursday 16 June 2022 from 09:00 BST.
Hang on, no PL from 12 Nov until Xmas? Must have been a massive brown envelope that…

Status
Not open for further replies.