Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegation scrap next season if we go into it with the current manager and board.

I called it before last season started, and I'm calling it again now. Writing is on the wall unless we see serious improvements on and off the pitch in time for the new season.
Current manager and board?

I’d start with the playing staff, and of course we’re facing another relegation battle. It’s a poor squad and we have no money. Where else is this heading?

Things won’t change until next summer when the investment tap can be turned on again.

No brainer for me. Adds height, been very consistent for Burnley. Obvious comparison is to Keane, and while Tarkowski has been in the low block Burnley model, the difference is Tarkowski isn’t petrified of the leather object used to play the ball. Can pass a ball better than most will expect purely because he’s been playing for Burnley.

Current manager and board?

I’d start with the playing staff, and of course we’re facing another relegation battle. It’s a poor squad and we have no money. Where else is this heading?

Things won’t change until next summer when the investment tap can be turned on again.
You know that before we know our squad?

You know that before we know our squad?
It’s likely.

Free transfers and selling our best players is unlikely to lead to much improvement.

Besides, there are several unshiftable players on high wages that will still be here, limiting our ability to improve the squad. They will sit out their ridiculously large contracts an offer nothing.

No announcement today because we don’t want to take attention away from the queen’s special weekend. Then he goes on holiday and then it’s the World Cup so we won’t be hearing anything for another 6 weeks I don’t think.

@MikelsGoat
He must be sifting through all the offers he's getting...

Status
Not open for further replies.