Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'd rather Arab kleptocrats that anybody associated with Bannon and Trump. At least with the head choppers, there is no pretence that these are good guys in any way, shape, or form. We really do not need to be owned by white supremacists and people responsible for attempting to bring down Western democracy over the last decade.

I mean, imagine the utter buffoonery of making Alisher Usmanov persona non grata and allowing Steve Bannon and his mates take over at Everton. Fit and proper my arse.
The funny thing is, after allowing the head choppers in at Newcastle, the Premier League are set to re-assess their 'fit and proper' rules and if that kind of proposal was to come up again, it'd get rejected!

The funny thing is, after allowing the head choppers in at Newcastle, the Premier League are set to re-assess their 'fit and proper' rules and if that kind of proposal was to come up again, it'd get rejected!
Well, that is precisely the point: to stitch up everyone else.

Biased view??? Not sure I am biased as I have no reason to be biased toward that shower I could care less about them. And I by no means said that both clubs started from the same place the two clubs don't compare. My response was to as you say a simplistic view that the Yanks at that shower simply employed klopp and that's all they have done. I have pointed out that isn't all they have done, and let's have it right moshiri hasnt even done the basics right like putting the right people on the right jobs. It's been a total mess.
Perhaps if you read my post it will make a more relevant debate -I said that I am not supporting Moshiri so what is there to "get right ?" Any comment that avoids the obvious is biased by definition .

The structure they’ve put in place is tremendous.

Klopp without doubt has made them progress, beyond expectations, but everything else they’ve done has been too draw (sadly).

Their transfer policy, for outgoings has been fantastic. They fetch a premium for less than premium players, keep your eyes peeled for what they sell Nat Phillips, Neco Williams this summer.

Training ground, redeveloping ground, global branding, structuring of staff throughout the club.

Frustrating, we had the same chance and we did things like allow Unsworth to be a crab, signed three number 10’s lol
Infuriating!

I wouldn't worry about it. At the current price suggested, Moshiri isn't selling. There isn't enough in it for him after what he has already spent. If he does sell at these figures, then he is in well over his head (i.e., Uncle Uzzy has laid down the law) and we are better off without anyway.

I take this story as the opening gambit of Moshiri's campaign to eventually sell the club. I suspect it has been designed to stoke up interest in the club and unofficially signal that we are for sale.
Oh I'm with you there.

I don't see how a deal is done at the numbers mentioned, why crystallise your losses at this point?

Also, we're not attractive to your usual leveraged buyer. We're leaking money all over the place, have miserable commercial revenue and have nothing of meaningful value to sell. (even if they binned off the legacy project, 8 acres of land in Walton isn't worth much)

As you suggest, he's probably raising a flag to say hello, let's talk.

I suggested around the time of the Lampard hiring that I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Cahill make a few introductions down the line.

Seems like the club has briefed people on this so i wouldn’t be surprised to see a sale go through - to someone - relatively quickly. I just hope it’s the right people.

Bill is probably pressing him to find "investors" rather than buyers. Anything that keeps the current board in place. Take £100m in equity, and you can sit on the board, or put your nominee there!

We can’t spend money regardless of who the owner is without a few years with a proper plan and good player trading.

The current owner and board have shown they are not up for the job so need punting as far away as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.