Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to fix the midfield.

I shared this last month about Calvert-Lewin;

Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Digne etc were all the providers/creating chances. We took them out and look what happened - only Norwich created less chances last season.

Richarlison created more assists for us than anyone else last season.

We can't keep taking out the players who create;

Which is what I agree with.

We're not going to solve everything in this window to work perfectly. If Richy is sold and we bring in a water carrier, a DM, and a number 10 with his funds...if rather that and THEN look to fix if we're short as an attacking threat down the line

Not sure...

Gray has never scored more than 5 league goals in a season.

Doucoure's managed 4 in total since joining. In the season before we got him he managed 4.

If we lose Richarlison, we need to make those goals/contributions up with any replacement.
That's the issue we don't score regular goals from anywhere else on the pitch, full backs 1 or 2 a season, centre halves 3 or 4 if were lucky hardly anything from midfield for the past 5-6 seasons and i don't see Lewin hitting 20 a season unless the supply improves 100% and his finishing improves the same

Be good for us to actually buy an unknown quantity and see them progress, rather than let the likes of Brighton do it and then wish for us to bid £40m for said player a year later
So many other leagues out there, where we can get cheap talent thats wants to be at Everton, instead we keep buying players are only here cause they couldn't make it elsewhere.

Harry Winks can keep the ball moving pretty well - in a very specific setup - as a deep midfielder who basically keeps ball/passes to the first man, he's alright.

That was Andre Gomes in his loan spell which had fans desperate to sign him/player of the season.

Next to someone like Gueye, he would look decent.

He's no mug, he started for Spurs in a Champions League final - but he was sat next to Sissoko and Eriksen.

He's a defensive midfielder who can't tackle. I'm not sure we have the luxury of a player like that.

Hard to shake this;

I may be wrong but werent Dele, Winks and Eriksen top notch when playing alongside Mousa Dembele ?

As soon as they lost his box to box energy they all dropped down a level or two.

Mourinho came in and then the confidence dropped further...then Nuno and then Conte arrives with Winks and Dele suffering from a confidence crisis...they dont deliver when called upon and are in/out.

Could be that both Dele and Winks need a run of games but perhaps we'd need to mirror Dembele's skillset.

Gallagher could be the ticket...

I think we need to fix the midfield.

I shared this last month about Calvert-Lewin;

Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Digne etc were all the providers/creating chances. We took them out and look what happened - only Norwich created less chances last season.

Richarlison created more assists for us than anyone else last season.

We can't keep taking out the players who create;

I remember it was like pulling teeth during the Silva days to get people to admit that maybe the system was the issue and not Dom himself

Ancelotti came in and actually got Dom some service, and Dom all of a sudden started scoring

Funny that eh?

I remember it was like pulling teeth during the Silva days to get people to admit that maybe the system was the issue and not Dom himself

Ancelotti came in and actually got Dom some service, and Dom all of a sudden started scoring

Funny that eh?

Carlo gets all his strikers scoring. Always.

Got Benzema hitting 40+ this season after making Dom score 20+

Funny that eh?
The problem is DCL is one dimensional imo, stop the crosses you stop him, and essentially you stop Everton.
He doesn't have any other way of scoring, he cant take a player on, he cant shift the ball left or right and then bury it when facing a defender.
He doesnt have good movement off the ball.
He isnt skillful with the ball.

Get to the byline and whip in a cross he's dangerous but apart from that hes meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.