Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d be heavily reliant on Calvert-Lewin for goals in that scenario.

I think a functional team gets goals with Dom, Doucs, and Gray.

End of the day we shouldn't be looking at having a 20 a seasoner in our predicament or bag fulls of goals elsewhere. Chelsea struggle for goals outside of their fullbacks (Mason Mount was there too goalscorer too).

Look at Brighton, struggle to score but don't lose games, one of the best defences in the league. You have 1 striker like Dom...you're on a better platform IMO.

Need a functional side first. So I can forgo a flowing attacking threat for a season.

I think a functional team gets goals with Dom, Doucs, and Gray.

End of the day we shouldn't be looking at having a 20 a seasoner in our predicament or bag fulls of goals elsewhere. Chelsea struggle for goals outside of their fullbacks (Mason Mount was there too goalscorer too).

Look at Brighton, struggle to score but don't lose games, one of the best defences in the league. You have 1 striker like Dom...you're on a better platform IMO.

Need a functional side first. So I can forgo a flowing attacking threat for a season.

Not sure...

Gray has never scored more than 5 league goals in a season.

Doucoure's managed 4 in total since joining. In the season before we got him he managed 4.

If we lose Richarlison, we need to make those goals/contributions up with any replacement.

Is, for example, selling Richarlison to Spurs* for a Moura*, Winks*, Dier* plus cash and DCL to Chelsea for a Pulisic*, Loftus-Cheek*, Gallagher*, Gilmour* Batshuyai* plus cash a better option if the inevitable does happen...

*variables

In terms of, Does this help our FFP whilst overhauling the squad?
It’s not to do with FFP it’s to do with P&L. We are only allowed to lose 105mil(I think) over 3 years where Everton at 300 million

FFP doesn’t affect us are we arnt in Europe

I wouldn’t mind having a look at smith Rowe loan to buy? Looks a good player with goals in him, you wonder where he get games now at arsenal, if we wanted to shift dele on, he Could play in a few different positions
They have the Europa league. I see him as similar to Barkley. Not the best when he has time to think and questionable character

Not sure...

Gray has never scored more than 5 league goals in a season.

Doucoure's managed 4 in total since joining. In the season before we got him he managed 4.

If we lose Richarlison, we need to make those goals/contributions up with any replacement.

We never had many goals around the team under Moyes bar 1 who'd get 10 and the rest picking up 5 or so.

Just think that we go replacing like for like or saying we need another 10 goal a season player along side Dom etc without fixing our midfield and general lack of creativity...I'd rather the money was spent on function.

And don't forget...he gets a tune out of Alli...there's 10+ for you too.

Winks and Zinchenko would be a great start in a rebuild for the midfield. Winks isn’t exactly a Hollywood signing but I’m willing to give him a chance. He’s no where near as bad as people make out and he was great for them under Poch, hopefully Lampard can bring the same. We’re desperate for someone in midfield to actually keep hold of the ball.

Add a centre half, a winger and / or a forward and that’ll do for me. Thing we’ll end up with that lad from Hull if we get a big sale. Looks like Thelwell is being allowed to get on with it so I’ve got faith he’ll get us a functional squad at least.

I think people will need to temper expectations this season, we’ll probably be aiming for top 10 as depressing as that is and reducing the squad’s high earners this summer so that we can actually spend without restriction next year. Think this is why we’d be going after the like of the lad from Hull this summer because it’ll give him a year to bed in, along with Patterson and a full season for Myko so that’ll effectively hopefully leave us with 2 flanks covered in defence and attack for the next few years.
It will take several years of cutting our cloth before we have room to manoeuvre in the market again. Any savings on wages will be eaten up by big salaries if we end up adding the likes of Winks and Zinchenko to Tarkowski as they are coming from Sky 6 clubs and will be looking for big contracts to cover the peak years of their careers.

It is painful to see us reduced to the Likes of Winks and Choudary but this is where we are now. We need to protect the clubs league status whilst we complete this transition to the new stadium and although limited Winks is somewhat a safe proven commodity in the league. He is an upgrade on Davies and does the basics pretty well which is more than our current crop of midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.