Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The echo saying we have contacted spurs for winks. The fume will be of the charts and he will be getting booed by Christmas. The echo don’t usually know much so let’s hope that’s true here. I get frank praised him in a game about 4yrs but seriously anyone watching the last 2/3yrs can’t see a good footballer. I can’t wait till we have a Sumer and I’m not depressed with at least one signing. Imagine giving spurs what they paid for Bissouma. And then give them more money to make their team even better, while we get worse

But seeing as we've not gone crazy since last summer, surely that number is going to plummet as a moving average? Does it also take into account amortisation as it's a loss on the books?
I think its a rolling 3 year average maximum loss of 105M per year. Also, I think that because if covid, its been agreed that losses are averaged between 20-21 and 21-22 seasons, which effectively makes it a 4 year average while those seasons are within the 3 (or 4) year bracket. One season has dropped off the 3 years, so we are better off than we were, but not by enough to be able to go spending. We are still bottom tolerance of the rolling 3 year max loss limit.

It’s definitely happening re Winks…my view on it all depends on the price. If we get him for 10m I won’t be too bothered IF if we also bring in other midfielders. My worry is I haven’t seen us linked with any more robust all action midfielders. Hopefully something out the blue. Or we’re going to end up with a Winks Doucoure double pivot which just isn’t good enough.

Could see us chucking £40m at Pepe before FFP took its toll
I wouldn’t mind having a look at smith Rowe loan to buy? Looks a good player with goals in him, you wonder where he get games now at arsenal, if we wanted to shift dele on, he Could play in a few different positions

Top 6 side's dregs. We will never learn.

5986d8f8850dc2627900e4d941705219.jpg

It’s definitely happening re Winks…my view on it all depends on the price. If we get him for 10m I won’t be too bothered IF if we also bring in other midfielders. My worry is I haven’t seen us linked with any more robust all action midfielders. Hopefully something out the blue. Or we’re going to end up with a Winks Doucoure double pivot which just isn’t good enough.
Well i wait for the the bobble or Paul Joyce, Fabrizio. The echo are way behind imo.
I’d say paddy Boyland and O’keeth at the athletic know more

Well i wait for the the bobble or Paul Joyce, Fabrizio. The echo are way behind imo.
I’d say paddy Boyland and O’keeth at the athletic know more
Yeah I don’t trust the Echo on this, but he’s about as Everton as a target can be so I just assume it’s true. Plus Matt Law mentioned him as a target as well.

I’d rather we go for Zinchenko in that position.

Winks and Zinchenko would be a great start in a rebuild for the midfield. Winks isn’t exactly a Hollywood signing but I’m willing to give him a chance. He’s no where near as bad as people make out and he was great for them under Poch, hopefully Lampard can bring the same. We’re desperate for someone in midfield to actually keep hold of the ball.

Add a centre half, a winger and / or a forward and that’ll do for me. Thing we’ll end up with that lad from Hull if we get a big sale. Looks like Thelwell is being allowed to get on with it so I’ve got faith he’ll get us a functional squad at least.

I think people will need to temper expectations this season, we’ll probably be aiming for top 10 as depressing as that is and reducing the squad’s high earners this summer so that we can actually spend without restriction next year. Think this is why we’d be going after the like of the lad from Hull this summer because it’ll give him a year to bed in, along with Patterson and a full season for Myko so that’ll effectively hopefully leave us with 2 flanks covered in defence and attack for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.