Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we just making do with last season’s gang of misfits then?
The window shuts in September, it’s widely known that we can’t really buy until we’ve sold and historically we do our business late in the window. I’m not sure why people are getting so excited this early on tbh

So explain to me where Winks into this given a rumoured £20 m outlay?
He hasn't been signed yet and certainly would not be the choice of many.

I can only imagine the manager knows that we badly need a competent central midfielder now. In my opinion it was midfield that caused most of the problems we had all season and the manager feels he needs to plug that gap immediately and can't afford to wait for a couple of seasons for a young player to come through... the consequences would be catastrophic as we nearly found out.

I don't think any strategy can ever be completely set in stone but I would be very disappointed if we did not bring in a couple of younger players as we did in January with Mykolenko and Patterson.

Harry Winks can keep the ball moving pretty well - in a very specific setup - as a deep midfielder who basically keeps ball/passes to the first man, he's alright.

That was Andre Gomes in his loan spell which had fans desperate to sign him/player of the season.

Next to someone like Gueye, he would look decent.

He's no mug, he started for Spurs in a Champions League final - but he was sat next to Sissoko and Eriksen.

He's a defensive midfielder who can't tackle. I'm not sure we have the luxury of a player like that.

Hard to shake this;

Harry Winks though?

Ticks all the boxes to be an Everton midfielder.

Can't score.
Can't tackle.
Goes missing in games.
Gets injured a lot.

Harry Winks can keep the ball moving pretty well - in a very specific setup - as a deep midfielder who basically keeps ball/passes to the first man, he's alright.

That was Andre Gomes in his loan spell which had fans desperate to sign him/player of the season.

He's no mug, he started for Spurs in a Champions League final - but he was sat next to Sissoko and Eriksen.

He's a defensive midfielder who can't tackle. I'm not sure we have the luxury of a player like that.

Hard to shake this;
He'll fit right in then!

Hard to shake this;

Have to shift Gomes. Can't be arsed with two of them.

Winks definitely can pass. I hate his style of play so I don't want him but he can move the ball a bit.

Now we have no one for him to really move it to so that's an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.