2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we though, if we have a striker that scores from service then why not improve the service. It is all about opinions but I like Calvert-Lewin, there are many ways to play the game and a valid one is to have a striker who works in the box and can come short and link up play.

Calvert-Lewin, for me, proved that he can finish these chances, he obviously has flaws and weaknesses, give me a players name and there will be limitations/negatives to their play.

I have no issues with Lampard utilising width and using any new players along with the ones that are already here to get crosses in the box.
I doubt very much that Lampard is going to set up to service DCL almost exclusivley.

We need attackers with good movement and who are predators with a good goal-to-chance ratio and we need goals from midfield and wide.

Gordon is someone who'll have to add that to his game, but at least with Gordon you get a whole lot more to his game if he doesn't score.

If a bid comes in for DCL (which I highly doubt) then it has to be considered.

Some people have short memories. That lad was on walkabout for almost all the games he played when he came back after Christmas this season.

That's not good enough for this football club.

I doubt very much that Lampard is going to set up to service DCL almost exclusivley.

We need attackers with good movement and who are predators with a good goal-to-chance ratio and we need goals from midfield and wide.

Gordon is someone who'll have to add that to his game, but at least with Gordon you get a whole lot more to his game if he doesn't score.

If a bid comes in for DCL (which I highly doubt) then it has to be considered.

Some people have short memories. That lad was on walkabout for almost all the games he played when he came back after Christmas this season.

That's not good enough for this football club.
He was coming back after a serious injury - yes he was poor as you could expect after a thigh injury like that - but only for his diving header v Crystal Palace we could have been relegated - the relief of a typical no 9s diving header gave us the relief we were safe - hopefully we can hang on to him for a while yet .....

He was coming back after a serious injury - yes he was poor as you could expect after a thigh injury like that - but only for his diving header v Crystal Palace we could have been relegated - the relief of a typical no 9s diving header gave us the relief we were safe - hopefully we can hang on to him for a while yet .....
He wasn't just poor, he was disinterested.

Yes Dave he did .,....we cannot afford to lose Rhico & DCL imo - Rhico will be the one to leave imo we have at least 9 players that are surplus to get rid of before our assets..,.
We cant afford to lose Richarlison, but we will.

That leaves us with a pop gun attack.

He wasn't just poor, he was disinterested.
He wasn’t fit and by his own admission, there were other issues.

That said, if a sensible offer comes in I’d consider it. I don’t think he is a top striker, but it would be interesting to see how he performed with a partner less selfish and with more movement and through balls.

DCL and Richarlison are a rotten partnership together.

He wasn’t fit and by his own admission, there were other issues.

That said, if a sensible offer comes in I’d consider it. I don’t think he is a top striker, but it would be interesting to see how he performed with a partner less selfish and with more movement and through balls.

DCL and Richarlison are a rotten partnership together.
I've never regarded Richarlison as selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.