2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Dixie. Tommy & Alex, I think Latch, Joe and Sharp would be eclipsed by Dunc and Gray. And surely DCL was a slip of the pen.
Hang on. Just to clarify...

Bob Latchford
Joe Royle
Graeme Sharp

Eclipsed by Duncan Ferguson?

If he had managed to stay fit (and stay on the pitch when he was fit) he may be in with a shout of comparison.

His 'legend' status with so many fans is simply an indication of how crap we have been.

Agree with Dixie. Tommy & Alex, I think Latch, Joe and Sharp would be eclipsed by Dunc and Gray. And surely DCL was a slip of the pen.
Purely for the impact he had on that team, albeit for a short period of time, I’d have Gray alongside Latchford, Royle and Sharp! Take into account Ferguson’s injuries and particularly too many suspensions and there’s no way he “eclipses” any of the other names on that list!

Big Dunc was an icon - not a Leg - end
Big Dunc was a terrace hero, like Andy Gray. Fair enough. We were crying out for one at the time, I suppose. But never a legend to me- like Sharp was. In fact, i remember how delighted i was when he wasn't in the starting line-up for 95 final. I thought then we might play like we did in the semi, then- and possibly win.

Big Dunc was a terrace hero, like Andy Gray. Fair enough. We were crying out for one at the time, I suppose. But never a legend to me- like Sharp was. In fact, i remember how delighted i was when he wasn't in the starting line-up for 95 final. I thought then we might play like we did in the semi, then- and possibly win.
That's the difference between an icon at a time - to a legend overall period......

I doubt very much that Lampard is going to set up to service DCL almost exclusivley.

We need attackers with good movement and who are predators with a good goal-to-chance ratio and we need goals from midfield and wide.

Gordon is someone who'll have to add that to his game, but at least with Gordon you get a whole lot more to his game if he doesn't score.

If a bid comes in for DCL (which I highly doubt) then it has to be considered.

Some people have short memories. That lad was on walkabout for almost all the games he played when he came back after Christmas this season.

That's not good enough for this football club.
Dave man, he was riddled with physical injury and has admitted to depression.

Have some empathy please.

When he was back to something approaching full fitness in the back end of the season he was a real handful and started to score at a rate again. But I imagine that was because he was trying to put himself in the shop window?

You’re ofc entitled to your opinion as to whether he is a good player, fits the system and whatnot. But your obsession with the ‘downed tools‘ narrative is q forced and lacks nuance.

Then again your forum £worth is through the roof so all power to you

Dave man, he was riddled with physical injury and has admitted to depression.

Have some empathy please.

When he was back to something approaching full fitness in the back end of the season he was a real handful and started to score at a rate again. But I imagine that was because he was trying to put himself in the shop window?

You’re ofc entitled to your opinion as to whether he is a good player, fits the system and whatnot. But your obsession with the ‘downed tools‘ narrative is q forced and lacks nuance.

Then again your forum £worth is through the roof so all power to you
If he crosses the white line he's there to be judged, because he declares himself fit to his manager. It's as simple as that. I'm not cutting him any more slack than I would others.

I doubt very much that Lampard is going to set up to service DCL almost exclusivley.

We need attackers with good movement and who are predators with a good goal-to-chance ratio and we need goals from midfield and wide.

Gordon is someone who'll have to add that to his game, but at least with Gordon you get a whole lot more to his game if he doesn't score.

If a bid comes in for DCL (which I highly doubt) then it has to be considered.

Some people have short memories. That lad was on walkabout for almost all the games he played when he came back after Christmas this season.

That's not good enough for this football club.
He was excellent in the last few games when back to fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.