Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't don't currently have a midfielder who can retain possession. As long as he has a Doucoure and another midfielder like Gallagher next to him it can work.

Not worth 20million, but I can see the logic behind the signing. When ever the defence currently pass the ball into the midfield it gets lost the minute we get pressed, he can help move us in the right direction.

I do hope it's a loan though.

Don't like him, but if it's a loan - small or no loan fee, plus a % of wages with no obligation at the end of it AND we bring in two quality players like Zinchenko and Gallacher then why not.

That's my line in the sand*. Lampard seems to like him, but we cant just give managers what they want at any cost. Its pointless having a DOF here otherwise.

My reading FWIW, is Spurs sources are heavily briefing 20-25m and Everton sources seem to be saying little or about a loan. Seems to be some brinkmanship.

It would be madness to pay Spurs what they want. They need sales, and we are in a relatively strong position.

* The one caveat, is the clubs have come to a mash up re Richarlison. We value Winks at 10m, they are happy to pay Winks plus 45-50m for Richarlison, and we both agree to inflate fees. So Everton pay 25m for Winks, but get 75m for Richarlison.

Surprised he has 10 caps for England.
reminds me a bit of scott gemmill. Who was a better player than the abuse he got. Just couldnt control a game.

If he was some unknown player from the french league and we saw him play a few games we'd probably say he's a tidy player. But because he's known and his surname is winks he'll start with a negative feeling.
can i give it 10 games if he signs and go from there. Our midfield is atrocious so he probably starts straight away.

I really don’t get this but oh well. Frank doesn’t like flashy midfielders so I expect this will be one that actually happens. Welcome Harold.

Status
Not open for further replies.