Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just aghast at how bad our scouting system is.

Seemingly, every other club can get unknown talent from far and wide but us.

On a strict diet of top 6 dregs. Prem experience essential.
Yes it’s frustrating, but look at some of the big signings from abroad it doesn’t always work out. Ndombele and Lo celso cost spurs over 100mil. Keita, sancho, Werner.

The midfielder Leicester signed last summer. Remember Loads of Everton fans on twitter saying great buy, Leicester do it right . That’s the players we should be getting. Apparently Leicester are trying to sell him, even Daka hardly set the world alight and he had his chances because Vardy missed half the season. The pair cost well over 40mil

Think is a lot of the best forwards are one dimensional, Lineker was for sure, Vardy is to a great degree, Andy Gray was, Inzaghi was, can go on and on listing others.
The one thing the above had was movement, could smell a yard of space in the box and to add to that could finish clinically with just one chance. DCL doesnt/cant.

There's a reason why there isn't any big clubs knocking our door down for services, he is nowhere near that level.
I actually like the guy but i just don't think he is anything other than an average PL striker.

On a strict diet of top 6 dregs. Prem experience essential.
Well, I'd never really heard of Mykolenko, had you?

We get players from a mix of places, and have had good and bad signings from home and abroad. Just because the players are linked with are primarily Prem based doesn't mean that's all we're looking at: the English-based press will always have more rumours about transfers of English-based players but rumours are just that. The Mykolenko signing came out of nowhere. Let's see who we actually sign, not just who we're linked with.

On a strict diet of top 6 dregs. Prem experience essential
Pickford, Doucoure, Mykolenko, Gray, Townsend, Richarlison, DCL, Patterson, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite, Rondon not signed from top six. We can add Tarkowski to the list soon.

Only Iwobi, Alli, from top six, but can also include Gomes, Kean and possibly Allan in this list as they are from top overseas teams.

It’s a mix really. We have had disasters either way. Sandro anyone?

We get players from a mix of places, and have had good and bad signings from home and abroad. Just because the players are linked with are primarily Prem based doesn't mean that's all we're looking at: the English-based press will always have more rumours about transfers of English-based players but rumours are just that. The Mykolenko signing came out of nowhere. Let's see who we actually sign, not just who we're linked with.

Wow. 1 player.

No it didn't, we had been linked with him previously under Brands, he had shown an interest but nothing materialised with it.

The last players we have spent money on (non free transfers and including Alli have been-

Dynamo Kyiv
Rangers
Spurs
Bayer Leverkusen
Napoli
Norwich
Watford
Marseille Under 23

But of course we focus on players that have played in the premier league before- they come with the least risk and you can have the most confidence that they are going to produce.

I assume as well we will see more consistency in terms of recruitment though in the next year or two as Thelwell gets his feet under the desk...

No it didn't, we had been linked with him previously under Brands, he had shown an interest but nothing materialised with it.
OK fair point, but my point is there wasn't weeks and weeks of speculation leading up to us announcing him, we just got the work done. So the fact we're seeing press speculation about Winks and not, say, Otavian Popescu who we've been linked to in the past, doesn't mean we're working on one not the other. It's just that the press naturally pick up on one not the other.

My point is people don't need to get upset or make generalisations about the players we're linked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.