Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect top 10. I think a season where we guarantee survival with relative comfort will be acceptable to those inside the club.
It’s acceptable to me, we are in a significant period of rebuilding, avoiding the angst of last season would be job done. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see a playing style and identity taking shape, but safety first.

It’s acceptable to me, we are in a significant period of rebuilding, avoiding the angst of last season would be job done. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see a playing style and identity taking shape, but safety first.
Obviously I know what has happened over the last 6 years chasing Moshiris dream, but even in the days of Moyes and BK we never saw this fanbase happy to finish 10th to 14th every season (Mediocrity I think the term was). Back then we said we`d never accept mediocrity and here we are doing exactly that, what a sad existence...

Yes last season was pretty bad but those players shouldn`t have had us there, these were the same players pushing for Europe under Carlo. We have proven at the end of last season we are a match for any team in this league by beating the likes of Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Leicester and running City and Liverpool close.

I think top 10 is do-able with this side especially when we are set to offload some more deadwood and hopefully add a bit of quality.

We were only 12 points off the top 10, we lost 21 games. 21 GAMES! Most of them under Benitez, but even if you can flip 4 of them 21 defeats we would be top 10...... I`m merely trying to point out we aren`t as far away as we all thought, trust in Frank, his back room staff, players and trust in Kevin Thelwell even if you don`t trust anymore than that from the club.

Lets be positive......

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Edit: The season before last we finished 10th with 59 points, that would have been good enough for 6th place this season just gone.

Our scouting department may as well not bother if we are only looking to players who played in the EPL last season, what unimaginative recruitment we have.
Don’t deal with Spurs full stop, Don’t sell the Richy and cool interest in any of there players. Deal with Chelsea they have much better players to bargain with and they wont be as tight as Levy.
Agree also their new owner is leading it we could pull his pants down on a deal or two.

The single most important signing we could possibly make now we have Tarkowski is Eriksen. If we go into this season without a proper playmaker and set piece taker, then I will dispair.

If we have to pay a fee for someone of Eriksen's quality, we are talking north of 30mil easily. If we can get him on a free it would be amazing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.