Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The single most important signing we could possibly make now we have Tarkowski is Eriksen. If we go into this season without a proper playmaker and set piece taker, then I will dispair.

If we have to pay a fee for someone of Eriksen's quality, we are talking north of 30mil easily. If we can get him on a free it would be amazing business.
Last reports I`ve seen which most outlets are pushing is that he is weighing up Man Utd and Brentford.

I don`t think Dennis will be all that bad for us, very similar to Richy in stats....... Just my opinion.

Nothing to say about Winks which hasn`t already been said, playing in a 3 I think he will add something, but in a 2 completely useless.
Without wanting to sound too negative I reckon they will both be absolutely disastrous signings…should they sign

The single most important signing we could possibly make now we have Tarkowski is Eriksen. If we go into this season without a proper playmaker and set piece taker, then I will dispair.

If we have to pay a fee for someone of Eriksen's quality, we are talking north of 30mil easily. If we can get him on a free it would be amazing business.

He wants London, apparently.

Obviously I know what has happened over the last 6 years chasing Moshiris dream, but even in the days of Moyes and BK we never saw this fanbase happy to finish 10th to 14th every season (Mediocrity I think the term was). Back then we said we`d never accept mediocrity and here we are doing exactly that, what a sad existence...

Yes last season was pretty bad but those players shouldn`t have had us there, these were the same players pushing for Europe under Carlo. We have proven at the end of last season we are a match for any team in this league by beating the likes of Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Leicester and running City and Liverpool close.

I think top 10 is do-able with this side especially when we are set to offload some more deadwood and hopefully add a bit of quality.

We were only 12 points off the top 10, we lost 21 games. 21 GAMES! Most of them under Benitez, but even if you can flip 4 of them 21 defeats we would be top 10...... I`m merely trying to point out we aren`t as far away as we all thought, trust in Frank, his back room staff, players and trust in Kevin Thelwell even if you don`t trust anymore than that from the club.

Lets be positive......

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Edit: The season before last we finished 10th with 59 points, that would have been good enough for 6th place this season just gone.

We aren’t getting anywhere near the top 10 and the sooner you accept this the more stress you’ll save yourself next season. Once Richarlison has gone, then it’s nowhere near the same set of players that finished 10th with 59 points, in fact 4 first choice players in that team will have left.

Survival is the aim next season and it is as simple as that.

We aren’t getting anywhere near the top 10 and the sooner you accept this the more stress you’ll save yourself next season. Once Richarlison has gone, then it’s nowhere near the same set of players that finished 10th with 59 points, in fact 4 first choice players in that team will have left. Survival is the aim next season and it is as simple as that.
I think we’ll start the season with a worse squad than we finished this season with personally. These people who think last season was a blip and we’ll bounce back to our rightful 8th-11th place are in for a shock imo

I think we’ll start the season with a worse squad than we finished this season with personally. These people who think last season was a blip and we’ll bounce back to our rightful 8th-11th place are in for a shock imo

We’ll only be losing Richarlison by the looks of it so it really does depend how we spend that money in terms of whether we’ll be weaker than last season. But yeah you’re spot on, I think 45-50 points would be something realistic to aim for this season and would represent progress

Without wanting to sound too negative I reckon they will both be absolutely disastrous signings…should they sign
I`m not sure we are in for Dennis, I don`t think anyone on here will but Winks seems inevitable. Lampard was the majority fans choice and we have to trust him and Thelwell in their signings/rebuild.

Dennis is very similar to Richy in that he plays wide but scores a few with his head and can play in the 9.

We now have the footballing structure we have been clamoring for so now we got to trust the system.

We’ll only be losing Richarlison by the looks of it so it really does depend how we spend that money in terms of whether we’ll be weaker than last season. But yeah you’re spot on, I think 45-50 points would be something realistic to aim for this season and would represent progress
I’ve just got this horrible feeling we’re going to create the midfield of screams I hope I’m wrong like

Last reports I`ve seen which most outlets are pushing is that he is weighing up Man Utd and Brentford.

He wants London, apparently.

Romano saying Spurs don't want him anymore, which would mean Brentford then. Surely we can make money talk - we may as well offer him what Gylfi was on. In fact what Gylfi and Delph were on combined. He'd be worth it...

We aren’t getting anywhere near the top 10 and the sooner you accept this the more stress you’ll save yourself next season. Once Richarlison has gone, then it’s nowhere near the same set of players that finished 10th with 59 points, in fact 4 first choice players in that team will have left.

This …. and a lot of work to be done to improve to get us out of the bottom 5. ( Rumoured ins etc do not fill me with any confidence that we’re doing more than treading water)

We finished the season with 3 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats (Brentford, if it wasnt for that sending off and Arsnal with nothing on it) from our last 6 games but in your view we will default back to the Benitez side that won 1 game in 14 or something? I`m not sure that will be the case, mostly because the cancer Benitez has been removed, Frank has had a reasonable bedding in time, a pre pre-season if you like.

I`m confident we will start well, even if we don`t beat Chelsea on the opening day but the form wont tail off as badly as it did under the FSW. I think 50 points is possible, I`m not sure we will see 21 defeats again this season. 55% of our games ended in defeat...

Status
Not open for further replies.