Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say 5 is ridiculously low, but some valuations I'm reading are wild.

If his end product was anything like his effort he'd be too good for this current Everton team.

He's miles off being a top player right now. Hopefully we see him kick on again this season. (for Everton)
I'm saying if he's 26 and still at this level that's what he's worth. He's 22 so you do factor in the growth but what he was last year was a borderline PL player so the starting point of that growth is just fairly low. It doesn't mean he can't be great.

I think one thing that is being missed is that any fee for Gordon is factoring in his potential. If he's never better than the guy he is right now he's worth about 5m. I appreciate his effort but last season he played like a scouse Jordan Ayew. I still believe he can improve a lot and be worth the fees everyone has in their head.

Championship players like Jordan Rhodes or Benik Afobe went for double that amount

I think one thing that is being missed is that any fee for Gordon is factoring in his potential. If he's never better than the guy he is right now he's worth about 5m. I appreciate his effort but last season he played like a scouse Jordan Ayew. I still believe he can improve a lot and be worth the fees everyone has in their head.
You quoted transfermarkt before (as stupid as i think that is). He is literally worth 18m going off that. And that's just the base valuation, not including whether the club would want to sell etc. Yet now you say he is worth 5m.

You are all over the place.

You quoted transfermarkt before (as stupid as i think that is). He is literally worth 18m going off that. And that's just the base valuation, not including whether the club would want to see etc. Yet now you say he is worth 5m.

You are all over the place.
No, I said his value without factoring in that he's young and improving would be about 5m.

But he is young so the potential part gets you to about 18m. I think that's fair.

I thought the £5m post needed a bit of context tbh
It didn't. The context was there. Afobe was 22 when he went for 10m because Bournemouth were hoping for improvement that didn't come. Now that he's not got that possibility of getting better he's not worth that. Which is what I said in the first post if you read it.

No, I said his value without factoring in that he's young and improving would be about 5m.

But he is young so the potential part gets you to about 18m. I think that's fair.
But that's his current market value according to them. You cant make up further valuations by hypothetically including/excluding factors to try and suit your arguement.

You are making yourself look foolish again.

Status
Not open for further replies.