2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe some fans accept that he can go for 25 million
Absolutely stupid
I take the point of his end product but that will come with time
He was only one of very few bright spots from last season and we need to keep him
So you think he's worth more than 25 million but he has no end product. Of course, money grows on trees and there's always another Everton who will pay way over the top for very average talent. #Deluded.

So you think he's worth more than 25 million but he has no end product. Of course, money grows on trees and there's always another Everton who will pay way over the top for very average talent. #Deluded.
If your lad minimotorola, who kicked the ball about 4 times for the anfield asthmatics society is worth £17 mill, then Gordon is clearly worth more than £25 mill - young and with the English transfer premium lid, do try to keep up - in know it can be difficult from your box room.

If your lad minimotorola, who kicked the ball about 4 times for the anfield asthmatics society is worth £17 mill, then Gordon is clearly worth more than £25 mill - young and with the English transfer premium lid, do try to keep up - in know it can be difficult from your box room.
Ah...still have me down as RS. Good show old boy. Afraid you're going to be disappointed.

I would not put a price on him to be fair
We should keep him and try to improve him
Defenders hate playing against pace and he will improve. Maybe he tries too hard. He certainly puts his all in for us
Deluded?? He is still potential and there’s no harm in getting behind the player. Maybe you should try it sometime

Potential mate. He has bags of it.

He WILL get far better.

It would be absolutely insane to let go of him and Richy in the same window. Yes, he is very raw but do people remember Richarlison when he first joined/how he could still be frustrating up until this season? Sometimes it just clicks for a player and all of that potential finally converts into viable end product. What is very apparent with Gordon though is that he's doing all of the correct things to get to that end product stage / he has an excellent defensive work rate.

He was 4th on the overall list this year of forwards with most tackles in the PL (Usually where Richy comes out on top - he led the table in 19/20 and 20/21) and he made an impressive 94 interceptions + blocks which stacks him up against the best forwards in the league at defensive contribution. 25% successful pressures also ranks him quite highly and I believe he beat Richy in both examples which is good going as I'd rank Richy as one of the best overall forwards in the league when you consider their attacking output, defensive output and work rate etc.

The signs with Gordon show that if he can add 5 more goals and 5 more assists which is realistic with a fully fit DCL and a more functional midfield, he can be a top top player.

Selling one of them would be disappointing, selling both of them would be criminal.

Mate, seriously think about it.

The premise to us trying to build back.

Trying to add youth with potential

Then you sell the only genuinely good player you've produced in 15 years, one who bleeds the club, has every single quality in terms of attitude you need to instill in the team.

We do this the clubs done IMO - and after 48 years I think I'm close to it myself.

I agree with everything you say mate. I probably had the same epiphany when Rooney went. I didn't go, but essentially something changed in how I viewed the club.

Unfortunately every player has their price, and it just becomes if that is matched.

Mate, seriously think about it.

The premise to us trying to build back.

Trying to add youth with potential

Then you sell the only genuinely good player you've produced in 15 years, one who bleeds the club, has every single quality in terms of attitude you need to instill in the team.

We do this the clubs done IMO - and after 48 years I think I'm close to it myself.

I feel similar to be honest

Selling our best home grown youth prospect sends a terrible message, and if we're doing it to balance the books due to how horrifically the club has been run then heads need to roll

Gordon is our most valuable asset as I said months ago and was laughed at. Sell Richie, DCL, Pickford the lot, but hang on to this lad....he has the turn of pace and skill that only the De Bruynes of this league have. Awwww sh@t. promised myself I wouldn't post on here during close season :coffee:

Absolutely agree, if we want to ever do anything progressing the team, then you don't sell a 21yo lad whose improved massively the past two years and who has a 'skill set' that very few players possess.

6 goal contributions in his first real season playing for us, most of that in an utter mess of a team which was playing with 35% possession and sitting constantly deep and playing him on his unfavourable side with pretty much no cf all season long.

Plays a season in his best position cutting in from the left and with further improvement which his progress the past 18 months shows is likely, then think right there you'd see him hitting numbers that Richy got.

Looking at last season, Richy scored 10 -3 of those pens, Gordon got 4, think it was 6 assists to 2 in favour of Richarlison too.

Given he's 4 years older and way more experienced, and Gordon's production is basically the same as Richarlison at Watford when we paid them 40-45m just seems completely idiotic to even consider any thought of selling the lad.

That's ignoring the fact he's a blue too which does actually matter.

I agree with everything you say mate. I probably had the same epiphany when Rooney went. I didn't go, but essentially something changed in how I viewed the club.

Unfortunately every player has their price, and it just becomes if that is matched.

I actually disagree in reality that every player has their price mate, take our manager - there was zero fee that they would have sold him for at his peak. Same for United with Scholes, Giggs.

Same realistically for Kane at spurs they can effectively set such an insane valuation that they know in reality that the player has been priced out of any possibility of being sold.

Rooney being sold was a kick in the teeth, but it was effectively as the club was close to being bankrupt - and he went to the biggest club st the time on the planet with massive stability under Ferguson.

Any thought of selling to someone like Spurs is laughable, they are a media big team, have won nothing in recent memory worth anything, in fact your going back longer than for us to find a time when they where a relevant big team.

If 15 years has changed this club from the lows of early Bill selling our future to United to now selling our future to Spurs - then it's time we pack up shop, the club would be signalling that survival in the league is the current and only long term objective now.

I feel similar to be honest

Selling our best home grown youth prospect sends a terrible message, and if we're doing it to balance the books due to how horrifically the club has been run then heads need to roll
If we sell both Richy and Gordon, to meet FPP or P&S rules, then basically the fans have been outright lied to about the situation and the entire lot should be driven out the club, owner, board and all their hangers on.

There's not one young player I'd swap Gordon for (Gallacher etc included)

Status
Not open for further replies.