2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel similar to be honest

Selling our best home grown youth prospect sends a terrible message, and if we're doing it to balance the books due to how horrifically the club has been run then heads need to roll
Mate heads need to roll right now regardless of the Gordon situation.

These clowns cannot guide us through another transfer window and season, they will be the death of this club if they are allowed to continue.

I know what your saying but Spurs always flatter to deceive
Conte won’t be there in 2 years time anyway. They will need to push on but won’t. Don’t trust Italians as far as I could throw them
I think like most of the country people watch too much sky TV and listen to the hype and garbage that is spilled on there.

We will always be a better club than them. They don’t have our fans!!!
I like what your saying, but...
The League Table doesn't lie. They finished 32 points ahead of us and their stats are better than ours in ALL departments. Head in hands and a-wobbling it.
But we ARE (must be) top of the mismanagement tables.

This merry roller-coaster continues... my hopes are rising as we head towards the next season...where... oops, where's me head gone!

Wee Tony is overrated on here.

Good tricky player but so were Demari Gray, Barkley and Lookman at 21 - none progressed and developed an end product and no guarantee Gordon will either.

Wouldn't look to sell him but if someone offered £45-50 million we would simply have to take it.

??????????????

Runs like he is in treacle.

File under Dowell this lad

The lad is a bit slow that Williams kid was blowing out his arse yet still caught up to him on the counter

This lad just isn't PL standard.

He's had many chances as he's home grown same as Davies yet the boo bhoys jump on the likes of Rondon after 2-3 games.

I dont mind Gordon mate but its clear he isn't good enough for this level the lad never does anything incisive when he actually gets on the ball.

Think he'll do well in League One but thats probably his level.

I just find it funny how when he does little people say he needs more game time whereas a half fit Rondon does little he's awful, crap, needs booting, send him back to Wuhan etc.

Just dont see it tbh - more direct than Iwobi but thats it.

No problem with him as a 4th choice wide option but its clear we need another wide player.

Championship player at best.

Fans hype him up because he occasionally runs down the flank before hitting a powder puff cross against the first defender to clear.

Doesn't seem to know what he needs to be doing either always jogging at half place looking over his shoulder.

He's lucky Iwobi is a nothing player as any credible other option and he's on the bench.

Just doesn't have any output at this level. Think he's a League One player ultimately and thats no disrespect intended to him dont think he did much in the Championship either.

He's a League One player - nothing I've seen from him convinces me otherwise.

Huff and Puff but thats about it.
Just so I’ve got this right. Gordon doesn’t pass your eye test and is shocking, slow and has no end product but you wouldn’t be looking to sell this league one standard player for any less than £45-50m
mate?……………….
beyond parody you are, fella. Can you and the big lizard do a football podcast please???

Last edited:

Gordon is our most valuable asset as I said months ago and was laughed at. Sell Richie, DCL, Pickford the lot, but hang on to this lad....he has the turn of pace and skill that only the De Bruynes of this league have. Awwww sh@t. promised myself I wouldn't post on here during close season :coffee:
You seriously just put De Bruyne and Gordon in the same sentence not even comparable whether he has a turn of pace and skill or not please never make comparisons between the 2 again ?

??????????????

Just so I’ve got this right. Gordon doesn’t pass your eye test and is shocking, slow and has no end product but you wouldn’t be looking to sell this league one standard player for any less than £45-50m
mate?……………….
beyond parody you are, fella. Can you and the big lizard do a football podcast please???

No further questions your honour

If we sell Gordon then I think we can read that the club is in severe financial trouble. Other clubs are obviously already sensing that. Don't think this could be able FFP as the end of contracts and the sale of Richy will surely see us ok on that score. I'd be concerned it was far beyond that if this came to pass, scary.

If we sell Gordon then I think we can read that the club is in severe financial trouble. Other clubs are obviously already sensing that. Don't think this could be able FFP as the end of contracts and the sale of Richy will surely see us ok on that score. I'd be concerned it was far beyond that if this came to pass, scary.
Yes I think we should hold on to Gordon, he’s got his faults, which young player hasn’t, but last season was Anthony’s first full season in the premier league and he improved steadily up to the point where he had been overplayed, due to poor squad numbers, and he was out on his feet after sixty minutes or so, next season he will be rested or subbed to stop him getting this burn out.

He has been well noticed and Spurs won’t be the only club coming to court Gordon in the future, we should hold on to him as long as we can, the longer he stays the bigger his transfer fee, or we will improve and Anthony will prove that he loves the club as he says and stay here.

I couldn't stand to see Gordon develop and become a great player at another club, we have to keep him and when anyone asks about him tell em to do one.

Yes I think we should hold on to Gordon, he’s got his faults, which young player hasn’t, but last season was Anthony’s first full season in the premier league and he improved steadily up to the point where he had been overplayed, due to poor squad numbers, and he was out on his feet after sixty minutes or so, next season he will be rested or subbed to stop him getting this burn out.

He has been well noticed and Spurs won’t be the only club coming to court Gordon in the future, we should hold on to him as long as we can, the longer he stays the bigger his transfer fee, or we will improve and Anthony will prove that he loves the club as he says and stay here.
Totally agree with your first paragraph. Less so with your second. Young players need naturing not throwing into the lion's den. He has the determination but he needs to be able to progress with more experienced and better players alongside him. Far too much pressure on him at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.