2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sense that every single yourh playe4 at Everton is written off by the fan base without ever getting a chance.

I agree. Sometimes we do need a Hibbert or Osman type of success from the youth team - i.e. a long-serving dependable squad member - not just a superstar who makes it for England as well. I hope Gordon is better but for modern PL he needs some more upper body strength maybe? Seems to have a great attitude and good attributes to work with

thought he looked slight better and actually worth coming off the bench today, not sure if hes premier league level or not, but we need him this season as a squad player

Did you boo gordon when he came on yesterday? We win the game and our fans still feel the need to have a pop at one of our young players who had a decent run out

I dont mind Gordon mate but its clear he isn't good enough for this level the lad never does anything incisive when he actually gets on the ball.

Think he'll do well in League One but thats probably his level.

I just find it funny how when he does little people say he needs more game time whereas a half fit Rondon does little he's awful, crap, needs booting, send him back to Wuhan etc.

I dont mind Gordon mate but its clear he isn't good enough for this level the lad never does anything incisive when he actually gets on the ball.

I just find it funny how when he does little people say he needs more game time whereas a half fit Rondon does little he's awful, crap, needs booting, send him back to Wuhan etc.
Wont do well here with our fans . Pretty sad really. We win and boring so called fans cant enjoy and feel the need to criticise our young lads .

This lad just isn't PL standard.

He's had many chances as he's home grown same as Davies yet the boo bhoys jump on the likes of Rondon after 2-3 games.
He hasn’t had many chances. He had 11 appearances the season before last, then three appearances last season. Most of those as substitute.

Including cups he has had 24 appearances.

I just don’t think we’ve known how to develop youngsters for the last few years.

I agree. Sometimes we do need a Hibbert or Osman type of success from the youth team - i.e. a long-serving dependable squad member - not just a superstar who makes it for England as well. I hope Gordon is better but for modern PL he needs some more upper body strength maybe? Seems to have a great attitude and good attributes to work with
If we can’t get world beaters, we still need squad depth and cover at a reasonable price. The best way to do that is to bring through youth. It has the added benefit of adding to their value if we decide to sell.

We have actually had an off a lot of really really expensive squad Villa tight players that have been disastrous to the club financial position. Getting players like Gordon time and experience is essential to getting us out of the financial mire we are in.

Always have liked him, he’s got good pace and good technique. Was really good under Ancelotti at the end of his first season. The fact he’s getting game time under Benitez shows he’s got something Benitez values otherwise he’d be doing what other managers used to and putting a senior player out of position on the flank to avoid playing younger players they didn’t rate.

Give me Gordon as a bench option any day over any of Bernard Siggurdson Davies Gomes Iwobi. Any day.

Rondo. Is an entirely different conversation.
He is clearly miles off the pace. The decision is whether to persevere and get him match fit, or play someone else who is not a CF, or play Simms or Dobbin?

I already know what the decision is for next weekend.

….so odd these posts,

Very true though my friend. I mean Davies still gets lauded by some and Gordon has not done a thing in any game he's featured in yet he doesn't get anywhere near the flack the likes of Rondon has had even Townsend/Gray Would have been ripe for a hammering had they not started the season as brightly as they have - they were slaughtered before a ball had been kicked!

Very true though my friend. I mean Davies still gets lauded by some and Gordon has not done a thing in any game he's featured in yet he doesn't get anywhere near the flack the likes of Rondon has had even Townsend/Gray Would have been ripe for a hammering had they not started the season as brightly as they have they were slaughtered before a ball had been kicked!

….people having opinions about players doesn’t mean they are boo boys. It doesn’t impact performance, it’s just what fans do. Davies gets plenty of stick, Rondon has been very ineffective to date.

Very true though my friend. I mean Davies still gets lauded by some and Gordon has not done a thing in any game he's featured in yet he doesn't get anywhere near the flack the likes of Rondon has had even Townsend/Gray Would have been ripe for a hammering had they not started the season as brightly as they have - they were slaughtered before a ball had been kicked!
Who the hell lauds Davies???

Status
Not open for further replies.