2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got 100 million for Gordon and richarlison that would be the best bit of business we have done in 5 years. 80 million for richy is perfect and 20 million for Gordon who currently isnt good enough but has potential to be but also has potential to not be.

The only thing we should try is to try and make that 100 million all up front

If we said Gordon was available at 20m we'd have pretty much every club in the league interested in him mate.

As well as a fair few from abroad.

Talk about end product is baffling me now, he scored 3 less in total than Richarlison did.

You hsve players who've never played above the championship level going fir more thsn that, you so have players who've proven already they are at best sub par going for those figures.

Absolutely insanity thinking he's worth so little

I think with Gordon I can see him being a bit of a Francis Jeffers. He's very lightweight and it's hard to see that changing. Surely other people must agree to get in 100 million would be great business. Richy wants to go so 80 million for him is about right if not slightly over what was expected.

Nope, completely different characters, Gordon is by accounts a model professional, I know personally with zero doubt that Jeffers was as far removed from being one as is possible.

If we said Gordon was available at 20m we'd have pretty much every club in the league interested in him mate.

Talk about end product is baffling me now, he scored 3 less in total than Richarlison did.

You hsve players who've never played above the championship level going fir more thsn that, you so have players who've proven already they are at best sub par going for those figures.

I think they are watching the wrong player.

Gordon has pace which can’t be taught. He also has close ball control.

He is good now and has masses of potential to improve.

These fans don’t deserve good young players. They have no concept of player development.

He was always a good finisher at youth level as well, in fact that was always one of his big strengths. I honestly think, if he keeps his all round game the same, he will go on and score more next season.

He was also playing in a woeful team last year. He came in after our decent start, when we basically showed bottom 3 form and got goals and assists in that team. Most young players would have folded in that environment.

You think of the improvement last season, from the lad who was in and out at Preston 12 months earlier, and think, is he just going to stop improving? Not for me.

I think they are watching the wrong player.

Gordon has pace which can’t be taught. He also has close ball control.

He is good now and has masses of potential to improve.

These fans don’t deserve good young players. They have no concept of player development.
Saw him called slow on here, seen people slag him off for not scoring yet Richy scored 3 more from open play and all that playing his favoured position whereas Gordon was playing on the right.

I bet he scores more than 7 next season.

I don’t believe that man will offer any decent deal. Maybe Moura plus a few begs of Walkers soul cream.

He was always a good finisher at youth level as well, in fact that was always one of his big strengths. I honestly think, if he keeps his all round game the same, he will go on and score more next season.

He was also playing in a woeful team last year. He came in after our decent start, when we basically showed bottom 3 form and got goals and assists in that team. Most young players would have folded in that environment.

You think of the improvement last season, from the lad who was in and out at Preston 12 months earlier, and think, is he just going to stop improving? Not for me.

He started to feature this season in a team imploding under El Gordo - quite possibly the worst possible situation for any young player to develop, throwing top of that a relegation battle for a homegrown lad and the extra pressure that places on him specifically and I think he showed his character not wilting but instead dragging the team on at times by running himself into the ground with his effort.

He started to feature this season in a team imploding under El Gordo - quite possibly the worst possible situation for any young player to develop, throwing top of that a relegation battle for a homegrown lad and the extra pressure that places on him specifically and I think he showed his character not wilting but instead dragging the team on at times by running himself into the ground with his effort.
Give the lad a proper preseaon, a team thats not on fire on a weekly basis and then we can find out what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.