2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people think hes slow, and I appreciate it's a game of opinions, but to me I just cant see that at all.

Wan Bissaka is quick, and Gordon just breezed past him very early on at old Trafford. Did the same to Arnold at Anfield.

The argument for Gordon is how does he start utilising his speed more, to make more decisive contributions.
In his first handful of games I thought he looked slow because he was nervy and indecisive but at times last season he was electric. He absolutely skinned TAA a couple of times in the derby and had plenty of top class defenders chasing shadows.

The problem we have is that we need to make a profit on players sales. Richy at the reported 50-60 million does not give us a lot . Dcl or Gordon however could give big profit and solve issues. Hard decisions to make . Off the three in my opinion DCL to Newcastle could get us out off FFP issues and allow us to go again. If that meant we could keep the other 2 happy days. Reading all reports though looks like Richy will be sold and quickly. Hard to figure it all out !!!! Just need to be gave a deeper squad and better players at the start of the season and with no money this is tough ! COYB …. ?

I also hope we keep him, but i would fully understand if the club takes the cash as its pure profit and, based on his performances, he is currently not worth close to the money rumored. If he was 28 and had the same season he just did at 20/21 I think most of us would take the money if anyone offered more than 15m.

But agreed, lets keep him and help him grow into an even better player. His energy and fight was a big factor in our survival this season imo, and that alone is a lot from a young player. He has more fight than most of the squad combined.
I am constantly amazed how little latitude young players are given at our club.

He is 21 and had his breakout season, performing well in a frankly awful team.

If they are not at Rooney or Ronaldo levels they are deemed not up to scratch???

He is exactly the age and type we should be looking to sign, not sell.

I’m not celebrating these players going, in fact I doubt very much if there is any chance of Gordon going seeing how he doesn’t want to go and Spurs wouldn’t be paying that sort of money for him at the moment at the same time £60M is a very good price for Richarlison as long as it is all spent on incoming players,it’s a fact that if we don’t sell we won’t be buying anyone and we desperately need four or five new players in this summer transfer window.
Well we certainly need to replace last seasons best player and the goals he scored. That will take up a fair chunk of any profit from the sale.
Obviously in theory the club goes out and signs the next young Richarlison for a small fee.
Equally obviously our scouting department is incapable of such actions.
So we will probably sign some overpriced ageing cast off from a fellow PL side.
Which is why I find it difficult to celebrate the sale of our better players.

Well we certainly need to replace last seasons best player and the goals he scored. That will take up a fair chunk of any profit from the sale.
Obviously in theory the club goes out and signs the next young Richarlison for a small fee.
Equally obviously our scouting department is incapable of such actions.
So we will probably sign some overpriced ageing cast off from a fellow PL side.
Which is why I find it difficult to celebrate the sale of our better players.
Well if we carry on buying players like we have done over the last few years and giving them long contracts and ridiculous wages then that will be the end of us, hopefully we have learned something from those stupid transfer deals and we will start buying young hungry players with something to prove and at a lot less than previous buys who want to stay here, like it or not Richarlison wanted to go.

Richarlison is currently proving that statement incorrect.

Everybody has a price.

It’s Rich’s time to go because of the stage he is at in his career and where we are at.

Gordon leaving would have more meaning than any £, just like (to a lesser extent of course) Rooney did.

Gordon would be a massive loss to THIS everton team, one of the few players who can run with the ball, we would be left with crabs such as Allan, Davies,Ducoure and Gomez. I Would make us 2nd Favs to go down behind Bournemouth if we lose both of them.

Gordon would be a massive loss to THIS everton team, one of the few players who can run with the ball, we would be left with crabs such as Allan, Davies,Ducoure and Gomez. I Would make us 2nd Favs to go down behind Bournemouth if we lose both of them.
Yes I’d be gutted to see him go but if they come in with around 40m I’m afraid that’s too good to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.