2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
??????????????

Just so I’ve got this right. Gordon doesn’t pass your eye test and is shocking, slow and has no end product but you wouldn’t be looking to sell this league one standard player for any less than £45-50m
mate?……………….
beyond parody you are, fella. Can you and the big lizard do a football podcast please???
Hard to argue with all of that.

I actually disagree in reality that every player has their price mate, take our manager - there was zero fee that they would have sold him for at his peak. Same for United with Scholes, Giggs.

Same realistically for Kane at spurs they can effectively set such an insane valuation that they know in reality that the player has been priced out of any possibility of being sold.

Rooney being sold was a kick in the teeth, but it was effectively as the club was close to being bankrupt - and he went to the biggest club st the time on the planet with massive stability under Ferguson.

Any thought of selling to someone like Spurs is laughable, they are a media big team, have won nothing in recent memory worth anything, in fact your going back longer than for us to find a time when they where a relevant big team.

If 15 years has changed this club from the lows of early Bill selling our future to United to now selling our future to Spurs - then it's time we pack up shop, the club would be signalling that survival in the league is the current and only long term objective now.

I think that's a fair point.

I'm just more cynical mate. Probably the process of Everton has made me way.

On specific players, yes I agree. You are talking the difference between winning trophies and not, which is hard to put a price on. We are not in that situation at all. We are trying to strengthen to become better.

Like would you take 100m for Gordon? We can argue at what the figure should be, but to me theres a figure it makes sense.

In raw terms, is Gordon worth as much as say KLP, Gallacher, Broja, Mykolenko and Godfrey say?

Until we get proper people running the club, that's the conundrum we are always going to be in mate.

If we sell Gordon then I think we can read that the club is in severe financial trouble. Other clubs are obviously already sensing that. Don't think this could be able FFP as the end of contracts and the sale of Richy will surely see us ok on that score. I'd be concerned it was far beyond that if this came to pass, scary.
That’s a lot to read into it to be honest, I don’t think the club’s in (non-FFP) trouble as most of the losses have been funded by Moshiri. I do think it’s still sell to buy for this summer, we’ve known that Richy would fund most of our spending but it may well just be that what Spurs are offering for Gordon is more than we think he is worth at this point in his development, and we think we can do better reinvesting the money in areas we desperately need players.

Good lad our Tony.

Just needs to sort his stamina out.
Gotta cut out the bifters mate

Actually, I don’t think he smokes, he just looks like does/should - reminds of the likes of Lawton who smoked and played , he looks like he’s from that era or that kid we all knew in school who was a boss footballer but loved the ciggies and was goosed after 10 mins every match.

The more I think about it there’s a number we would accept for sure for Gordon but it really wouldn’t be a good move for him, even with a pay bump would he agree to it?

He’s at a point now where the raw ability is there but the finesse and end product aren’t, and that’s just going to come with matches. Is he going to get matches behind Son, Kulusevski and indeed Richarlison?

Some game time maybe but not what he’d get at Everton- he could end up stuck in the old catch 22 of needing games to improve but needing to improve to get games.

Or is Conte going to try to make him a RWB? Is that what he wants?

Gotta cut out the bifters mate

Actually, I don’t think he smokes, he just looks like does/should - reminds of the likes of Lawton who smoked and played , he looks like he’s from that era or that kid we all knew in school who was a boss footballer but loved the ciggies and was goosed after 10 mins every match.

I read on twitter his looks like someone who lives on cans of Monster and packets of Tangfastics.

I can't shake that now

If we got 100 million for Gordon and richarlison that would be the best bit of business we have done in 5 years. 80 million for richy is perfect and 20 million for Gordon who currently isnt good enough but has potential to be but also has potential to not be.

The only thing we should try is to try and make that 100 million all up front

If we got 100 million for Gordon and richarlison that would be the best bit of business we have done in 5 years. 80 million for richy is perfect and 20 million for Gordon who currently isnt good enough but has potential to be but also has potential to not be.

At that rate with perhaps DCL going to Toonland we are heading for relegation next season.

I think with Gordon I can see him being a bit of a Francis Jeffers. He's very lightweight and it's hard to see that changing. Surely other people must agree to get in 100 million would be great business. Richy wants to go so 80 million for him is about right if not slightly over what was expected.

Totally agree with your first paragraph. Less so with your second. Young players need naturing not throwing into the lion's den. He has the determination but he needs to be able to progress with more experienced and better players alongside him. Far too much pressure on him at present.
Far enough, there was an awful lot of pressure on him at the end of last season and it showed but a lot of that was through being played until he dropped,hopefully he will not be used that much next season possibly wth another wide player being brought in or Dobbn will be introduced in some games to relieve the work load.

??????????????

Just so I’ve got this right. Gordon doesn’t pass your eye test and is shocking, slow and has no end product but you wouldn’t be looking to sell this league one standard player for any less than £45-50m
mate?……………….
beyond parody you are, fella. Can you and the big lizard do a football podcast please???

Fantastic stuff this. What a mutant he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.