Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we'll be able to get him, but if we can we should deffo do it in my opinion. The lad is only 20 and he's a beast of a player. Okay, I rate DCL very highly but compare where he was at 20 to where Broja is, and then imagine what Broja will be like in four years time.

Has to be worth £25m plus add-ons - basically a straight swap for Moise Kean, and there is no comparison between the two, Broja is miles ahead in just about every department. His strength is incredible, he has a fantastic turn of pace, a powerful shot, and he definitely knows where the goal is. I'd say he's better at this stage of his development than Lukaku was.

I don't want him on loan, he has to be a long term project. But SIGN HIM!

Bold shout that like, at this stage Lukaku had just scored 1 in 2 for West Brom and was about to join us under Martinez... if Broja can get anywhere near what Lukaku did for us in that first season then it'll be a roaring success

We have a starting CF and a back up CF...

we don't have a starting DMC or MC (unless you think Doucs is consistently up to the task.)
The backup is Rondon and that’s barely a backup at all. Not with a first choice with injury problems- we cannot risk another season derailed by Dom’s quad. It’s also not out of the question that we could play both Broja and DCL in some systems.

I absolutely agree wee need two midfielders minimum and there’s no way they don’t know it. The report about Broja says we want Gallagher too. 30 mil won’t be the whole of the budget and there would be room to sign one more quality midfielder minimum, maybe more if we shift fringe players, with others in on loan.

Our first choice 9 spent most of last season out with a quad injury that could pop again, the guy who mostly replaced him has gone, the third choice is Rondon.

We already have Gordon and Gray to replace Richy as a LW, signing a CF is a more important Richy replacement given where he spent more of last season playing.

Spending £30m is more important on a midfielder than a striker as well.

Bold shout that like, at this stage Lukaku had just scored 1 in 2 for West Brom and was about to join us under Martinez... if Broja can get anywhere near what Lukaku did for us in that first season then it'll be a roaring success

Ok, I've already been shut down on my DCL claim, and now I have to eat humble pie on Lukaku.

My revised position is that Broja is a decent prospect, could be as good as DCL and Lukaku, and is worth spending the Moise Kean money on.

whilst I 100% agree with this... our recruitment priority in order of importance (as it stands) should be:

Midfielder > Forward > Defender > Goalie

IMO

Right back again should be first priority, then another centre back....we are awful at the back

Pretty awful everywhere to be fair

whilst I 100% agree with this... our recruitment priority in order of importance (as it stands) should be:

Midfielder > Forward > Defender > Goalie

IMO

Problem with priorities is that if DCL goes down we have Rondon.

So with that being the case we need a CF perhaps even more than a CM or DM.

Problem with priorities is that if DCL goes down we have Rondon.

So with that being the case we need a CF perhaps even more than a CM or DM.

No point having a first rate forward if we can't win, retain and feed the ball. But you can have a first rate midfield who does all three and use turbogash up front and succeed.

The best performing team we've had since 1995 (league position wise) had Marcus Bent up front.

No point having a first rate forward if we can't win, retain and feed the ball. But you can have a first rate midfield who does all three and use turbogash up front and succeed.

The best performing team we've had since 1995 (league position wise) had Marcus Bent up front.

Agree...but Bent has certain similarities to Broja.

Rondon cant press, run or anything really. Its a high risk move to use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.