Transfer Rumour Armando Broja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back up to DCL - very welcome could become great
Replacement for DCL - incredibly risky, fear for next season
I think it will be a replacement for DCL, but a year early. Broja is flexible enough to support him and get plenty of fooball this season before taking the number 9 shirt next summer... it seems a sensible move in my opinion.

It's been bandied around long enough I think it means no ones gonna match that figure mate, same as I think no one will match the 25/30m quoted figures for Zinchenko
Dunno, I thought the delay was Tuchel wanting to look at him rather than lack of takers

Yes but if Chelsea ask for £30m then that's his value in this window.

I think that figure is way off based on what we saw last year. I don't personally see why we would be interested. His form fell off a cliff after only a couple of good months.
It only changed when Ralph went from playing an attack minded style of play (which suited Broja) to playing hoofball which didn't.

Dunno, I thought the delay was Tuchel wanting to look at him rather than lack of takers

I always think this 'wants to look at him' line after a loan is bs mate, especially at a team like Chelsea who monitor their loanies ridiculously in depth.

Pretty sure it's more a line the club trots out to excuse selling home developed players which generates pure profit. Kinda like saying 'well he didn't impress as good enough but we tried giving them a chance' to their fans.

It's been bandied around long enough I think it means no ones gonna match that figure mate, same as I think no one will match the 25/30m quoted figures for Zinchenko

I'll play devils advocate a little.

If your West Ham, hes 2nd choice to Antonio. It's a big fee for 2nd choice, and we know Moyes watches the pennies.

Newcastle have been going for players who make a difference here and now. This will sound mad, but he probably doesn't start ahead of either Wood or Wilson, despite having the potential to be better than both. Give the statement they are trying to make, not sure they are going that heavily on a 19 year old. And if they were they would have done it.

Sides like Chelsea, with the new loan rules are going to be hit. Loads of players with not a lot to do with. It sounds odd, but for the likes of him, Gallacher and Gilmour to an extent time will be on our side.

Once the season starts, if they are not making match day squads, they are going to want to go.

If your West Ham, hes 2nd choice to Antonio. It's a big fee for 2nd choice, and we know Moyes watches the pennies.

Newcastle have been going for players who make a difference here and now. This will sound mad, but he probably doesn't start ahead of either Wood or Wilson, despite having the potential to be better than both. Give the statement they are trying to make, not sure they are going that heavily on a 19 year old. And if they were they would have done it.

Sides like Chelsea, with the new loan rules are going to be hit. Loads of players with not a lot to do with. It sounds odd, but for the likes of him, Gallacher and Gilmour to an extent time will be on our side.

Once the season starts, if they are not making match day squads, they are going to want to go.

Whats the new rules on loans?

New rules on loans wouldn't effect either Broja or Gallacher mate as they've been academy players since very very young, not sure but think it would possibly effect Gilmour but think even he's been there long enough it wouldn't either.

He's not a 30m player - a deal 'may' reach that figure but doubt if front it'd be much over 15/20 with bonuses etc.
To be fair there are people laughing at Spurs for offering 40m for Gordon.

30m isnt really that far off what he will go for IMO.

You pay for potential with players his age.

If Frank’s going to start with two centre forwards next season then fair enough. If he’s going to keep playing that 523 formation then would much prefer we spend money on a starting right sided forward to play with Gordon and DCL.

Whats the new rules on loans?

From 1 July 2022, the football governing body plans to stop teams from stockpiling young talent, loaning them out consistently and not providing them enough first-team chances at their parent club.
Therefore, clubs will only be able to sign a maximum of eight international loan signings in the 2022-23 season, while a further eight players can be loaned out across borders.

It will then drop to seven ahead of the 2023-24 season and six indefinitely from the 2024-25 campaign.
The change of regulations will not apply to players aged 21 and younger, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.